Micro container

Working on some micro container labels (weather-proof). I posted a pic of something this size before and got different opinions on size, I know its a micro because there's nothing smaller, and was told nano/micro are the same thing, but its much smaller than a 35mm can. Should you mention the size in the description or do most usually label it as a micro and leave it at that? Thanks. :)

microcache.jpg

Compared to a 35mm can.

micro35.jpg

I think that what constitutes a nano is fairly subjective, and you'll probably get different answers from different people.
+1

I consider anything small enough that it can contain only a custom-fit log sheet to be a nano-cache. That means that small Bison tubes are nano-caches too. But others will disagree.

There is no official definition of "nano" yet. Groundspeak has said that they are planning to add a "nano" size, but until they do, anything smaller than a 35mm film canister is a micro-cache.

What are these containers? How do you make the, erm, cache label? They look great!

I was oing to ask all of the same questions.

I'd like to make some cache labels but I'm unsure about affordable quality printable stickers that wont turn to smeared yuck after a rain.

I would consider them a micros cause they're larger than a traditional nano. I like it when a CO will identify the cache as a nano in the hint at least.

So what would be considered a nano? Maybe half that size?

here's the NANO

yours look about the size of a bison tube, so to me they are true micros

Edited by t4e

here's the NANO

My husband found one of those 'blinkers' - Good God - I don't know how the owner got that log rolled up inside that thing. To be completely honest, we didn't remove the log for fear of not being able to roll it back up tight enough to get it back in!! One of these days, I'm going to go back there to take a picture of it!! Definately worth a picture. We just couldn't do it that day - too many muggles.

Edited by Lieblweb

What are these containers? How do you make the, erm, cache label? They look great!

I'd like to make some cache labels but I'm unsure about affordable quality printable stickers that wont turn to smeared yuck after a rain.

They are weather-proof permanent shipping labels that I print on a laser printer. Ive tested the labels and they hold up really well. They're made of some type of plastic material i think. I have some containers with these labels sitting in the gutters exposed to water and sun for a couple of weeks and they seem to be doing fine. The box says they resist moisture,scuffing,tearing and smudging. They're kinda expensive but I think worth it since you can print whatever you want on them to match your cache/placement.

containers.jpg

35mmcontainer.jpg

a2f4v4.jpg

The containers look like possibly for makeup or fragrance oil (maybe?). I wonder if they're straight-sided -- no ridge or lip where a cache log might hang up and be super-tough to remove from the bottle. They look to be made of a better plastic than the lab vials I've bought. If they're transparent, I'd put the label inside the bottle (or have the cache log set up so that when rolled up, the "label" part is in view).

Laser labels will eventually fade outdoors. Colors in the toner will change hues or fade away, unless the label is protected from light. You'll check the cache, and a nice camo brown will have changed to bright pink. Inkjets are even worse. But it depends on the brand, and even the batch of toner. You'll just have to experiment.

You can call those "Micros", but it might be good to mention it's about the size of a lipstick tube, or whatever.

Edited by kunarion

Rate the size of your cache container the way you want to rate it and don't ask everybody else what you should rate it !

It's your cache ! You own it so OWN IT and don't be bullied into changing your ratings !

Right. List it as "large".

here's the NANO

My husband found one of those 'blinkers' - Good God - I don't know how the owner got that log rolled up inside that thing. To be completely honest, we didn't remove the log for fear of not being able to roll it back up tight enough to get it back in!! One of these days, I'm going to go back there to take a picture of it!! Definately worth a picture. We just couldn't do it that day - too many muggles.

LOL--I'll bet there are a bunch in the "big city' nearby...maybe in Philly???

I found a blinky stuck to a tree in the woods. Nothing around.

Anyhow, I was looking at these containers trying to figure out where I've seen something similar. Figured it out that I've seen these vials and like vials at government auctions where they sell seized property after various crimes. So if anyone is interested in them you find an auction you can get 100s of them really cheap.

I found a blinky stuck to a tree in the woods. Nothing around.

Anyhow, I was looking at these containers trying to figure out where I've seen something similar. Figured it out that I've seen these vials and like vials at government auctions where they sell seized property after various crimes. So if anyone is interested in them you find an auction you can get 100s of them really cheap.

These are normally found in bison tubes.

bison.jpg