Query Files for England

Bear and Ting

Ting and I went off to the UK on Holiday. Before we left, I created a Pocket Query and asked for both EBook and GPX files to be sent to me. However, for the last few weeks prior to us leaving (May 10th), the GPX file appeared to be corrupted. Whether zipped or not, the file came to me was 2.1M and was clearly full of the 500 waypoints. However, when loaded into ExpertGPS, only 5 waypoints appeared. I checked the file in a text editor, all the waypoints were there. However, only 5 were recognized by ExpertGPS. Is there something in the descriptions or logs that might be inteferring or causing an error in the GPX XML Schema?

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

you did make sure you had the newest version of easygps/expertgps, right? I think there was a bug there that kept things from working properly.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

You could take a look at GEocacheUK.com all UK caches can be downloaded from there in loads of different formats.

Hope it helps.

Chris

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

I thought Groundspeak didn't allow mirroring cache data?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

I thought Groundspeak didn't allow mirroring cache data?

It's an offical partner site - apparently!

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Hey that's great!

Looks like that puts an end to all those arguments about gc.com sharing cache data.

Looks like if it's done right, and with permission, it can be done, and done well.

Maybe if those people that have complained about stuff like this before had taken the time to go thru the proper channels like the UK site has, they would have been able to also work out a solution, rather then just B&M about it.