Twitter

On twitter I keep seeing people tweeting the phrase

"I found CACHE NAME (http://coord.info/GC1T1EQ)! #cgeo #geocaching"

However I don't seem to be able to do this and also all the caches that are tweeted seem to be American.

Is this something only available in the USA right now or can you do this on UK caches?

Has anyone done this here?

I know you can do it using the official app. Link the app to your twitter account and then when you use the app to log caches, it automatically sends a tweet.

As the ones you mention have the cgeo hash tag I assume it was using that app.

On twitter I keep seeing people tweeting the phrase

"I found CACHE NAME (http://coord.info/GC1T1EQ)! #cgeo #geocaching"

However I don't seem to be able to do this and also all the caches that are tweeted seem to be American.

Is this something only available in the USA right now or can you do this on UK caches?

Has anyone done this here?

I know you can do it using the official app. Link the app to your twitter account and then when you use the app to log caches, it automatically sends a tweet.

As the ones you mention have the cgeo hash tag I assume it was using that app.

I have the official app and can't seem to find a setting on there to link my twitter account to.

I wonder if it is just the cgeo app that does it?

...and then bore everyone to death by announcing your cache finds - I did it for 2 days, and then realised it was really of no benefit or interest to my followers!

:D :D :D I also did it for only a few days. Out of my 82( :blink: ) followers, only 2 are Geocachers. Half are to do with work or football and I only personally know 5 of them. The remainder........just random people and companies. Mostly strange random people and companies.

...and then bore everyone to death by announcing your cache finds - I did it for 2 days, and then realised it was really of no benefit or interest to my followers!

Depends if your followers include geocachers or not I guess.

I'm not sure I'd be that interested as a cacher to be honest.

Depends if your followers include geocachers or not I guess.

I'm not sure I'd be that interested as a cacher to be honest.

Exactly!

I'm far more interested in tweets from fellow cachers which say things along the lines of "did a great cache ..." "spent ages looking for a cache ..." "had fun geocaching in x y z today" "moved a trackable I last saw 6 years ago ..." "got sunburnt cos I was so busy geocaching ..." anything really than engages.

That sort of thing is more a conversation opener, and sharing something of the experience, which the open broadcast "I found cache x" doesn't.

I tend to unfollow people or accounts that basically broadcast and nothing else.