A couple of events that 'May' be of interest...

May's going to be a busy month for me.

On Saturday the 14th I'm going to make it to Lowestoft - at last! - to complete my collection of British and UK extremes for my Eastly Does It! (Lowestoft) - GC2QQRZ event. It's being held at the country's most easterly location; Ness Point. As you'll see from the event page, I do rather like my corners of the UK and there was only so long I could put off a visit to the coast of Suffolk.

Then on Sunday the 22nd I'm travelling up to Edinburgh (8 hours by National Express - I hope to get some sleep) to run my first marathon (more info in my profile) as I really wanted to do one before I'm 40 and there was a mix-up over my London Marathon application. While I'm in town I'm holding my After the Pain! (Edinburgh) - GC2RJE3 post-run (I hope to do it in under 4h 30m as it's know as the UK's fastest marathon, as well as the UK's second largest) event, where I expect to enjoy a nice sit down. I'm more confident of sleeping on the coach ride home! :)

If you can make it to either - or both - it would be a pleasure to see you there. I'm suggesting people approach me from up wind in Edinburgh :D

Relaxed? That was exhaustion thinly disguised as composure ;)

Thanks for the good luck wishes; it's in less than 4 weeks time and I've still not done longer than a half marathon, never run more than 6 miles outdoors, never run a half in less than 2h20m (I need to be faster to do a whole marathon in under 4h30m) - basically, I need all the luck - and motivation - I can get! :laughing:

Relaxed? That was exhaustion thinly disguised as composure ;)

Thanks for the good luck wishes; it's in less than 4 weeks time and I've still not done longer than a half marathon, never run more than 6 miles outdoors, never run a half in less than 2h20m (I need to be faster to do a whole marathon in under 4h30m) - basically, I need all the luck - and motivation - I can get! :laughing:

Edinburgh will be my 3rd and FINAL* marathon. Half marathons are great - just when you start to get really really really tired, they're over. Marathons - just when you start to get really really really tired, you're not even half way there!!!

*when I say final, that is unless I get the usual, 'oh, by the way I've entered us into the __________ marathon / half marathon' statement from Ali. :(

*cough* Kielder Marathon on October the 9th looks Really Nice *cough* :D

I did a training half marathon, non-stop for the first time, in 2h 10m 24s last week. It was only on a treadmill, but it still counts. I've a 30k run planned for this week and a 36k for early next week, before I rest ahead of May the 22nd... :ph34r:

Good luck to you. And me :(

Edited by Simply Paul