Where have all the smilies gone?

Seganku

It's happened to me a few times in the last couple of months, even when I've logged in again. Google Chrome here as well. Just as I'm writing this, I'm opening another tab to have another deek.......multi-tasking, or what? [:)]

And the verdict is?.........no smilies [:(] .....and I seem to have lost the bit about google maps.

I was having the same problem with the Beta maps, then noticed an insignificant tick box on the lefthand side inviting me to "Enable Personization" (sic).

Ticking this produced all my smilies for found caches!!

Chris

Well done that man. I'm the same with puzzle caches - always look past the obvious :unsure:

I was having the same problem with the Beta maps, then noticed an insignificant tick box on the lefthand side inviting me to "Enable Personization" (sic).

Ticking this produced all my smilies for found caches!!

Chris

Well done that man. I'm the same with puzzle caches - always look past the obvious :unsure:

Still prefer the other way, it showed disabled caches....they were greyed out. But hey, at least we see found caches!

The little 'my finds' smilies aren't showing when I click on the map. I haven't changed by browser (Google Chrome) or anything like that. Is anyone else having the same issues? Or does anyone know why this has suddenly happened?

Same here! I noticed they were missing on mine when i looked yesterday.

There's a whole lot of discussion about it and some half-answers in this topic---> Geocaching.com map not working. (Note post #16)

MrsB

Half answers being the operative word there. It seems the problem can be summarised as "some of the new features load the servers too much, so we disabled the most fundamental feature of the whole site".

For good measure the beta maps don't show PMO caches, so if you want to ask the most basic question imaginable, namely "show me the caches I haven't found" and you're a premium member you can't do it. Way to go Groundspeak.

I can just imagine Bugatti saying they had made the Veyron go even faster but because the brakes couldn't cope with the speed they just took the brakes off.

Edited by team tisri

I still want the old maps. Not real impressed with the new mapping except its shows more than 500 on the map. Just like the old one better. Wish they could improve that mapping instead of the Beta.

Not sure what's wrong with the new maps? I've seen a lot of people say they don't like them but no indication as to why?

I still want the old maps. Not real impressed with the new mapping except its shows more than 500 on the map. Just like the old one better. Wish they could improve that mapping instead of the Beta.

Not sure what's wrong with the new maps? I've seen a lot of people say they don't like them but no indication as to why?

Well here's one.

I don't like the grouping of certain types of cache into one colour. Much prefer to be able to see what type of cache it is whilst contemplating a walk or route.