Dawning Hope Traveler

GregsonVaux

Am I missing something.... I thought (or at least assumed) that the set would be all 4, but only three are pictured.. :blink:

Yes, there are four coins total, but the set includes just the three more normal finishes. Since the Vitreous Radiance coin is so unusual, I decided to sell it on its own. If you order a set and a Vitreous Radiance, you will have all four.

Gregson

Am I missing something.... I thought (or at least assumed) that the set would be all 4, but only three are pictured.. :blink:

Yes, there are four coins total, but the set includes just the three more normal finishes. Since the Vitreous Radiance coin is so unusual, I decided to sell it on its own. If you order a set and a Vitreous Radiance, you will have all four.

Gregson

OHHHH ok lol makes sense now :)

Louisiana? Is that even in the US? :)

Actually, we are in the U.S., although some consider us a foreign country :laughing:

Are you sure that you are in the US, as I did get that same message and I definitely am not in the States!

I think maybe there has been a subtle change in the geography of the US...

Louisiana? Is that even in the US? :)

Actually, we are in the U.S., although some consider us a foreign country :laughing:

Are you sure that you are in the US, as I did get that same message and I definitely am not in the States!

I think maybe there has been a subtle change in the geography of the US...

I can understand the software settings not allowing shipping to New Zealand, but there shouldn't be any problems with US addresses. My advice is to try one more time and if that doesn't work, please just send me an e-mail listing the coins that you would like, along with your Paypal e-mail and I will send you a Paypal invoice. I'll do my best (within reason) to try to make everyone happy.

As to why there is a problem with a US address, I hope it is not a software bug, but I can't fix that because I just use the software and did not write it.

Gah!!!! I oh so wish I had time to order these!!!!!! Planning a stag & doe and a wedding and working 80 hrs a week isn't helping. Hopefully a set + is still avail after the weekend when life slows down a bit.

You're suggesting you are going to survive the weekend, eh? :laughing:

Gah!!!! I oh so wish I had time to order these!!!!!! Planning a stag & doe and a wedding and working 80 hrs a week isn't helping. Hopefully a set + is still avail after the weekend when life slows down a bit.

One can only hope... Engagement photos, meetings with the minister florist and baker AND the stag and doe!!! Ack.

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

One can only hope... Engagement photos, meetings with the minister florist and baker AND the stag and doe!!! Ack.

Is it you getting married? B)

Update: I lived.... Barely.

TO THE STORE! :lol:

Alicia,

Congratulations! It would be great if you would post a few wedding pictures in this thread. I think we would all love to see some.

No wedding yet, but I'm planning on running a mission right around the time I get married- more to come, and I'll be sure you all see the photos :)

It was just the planning and the stag and doe this weekend :)

I appreciate all the thought you put into these coins lasting a long time. Thanks so much!

It is not an exaggeration for me to say that it is a calling. I feel compelled to make things that last. People close to me have had to listen to me go on and on about how much I love granite, stainless steel, gold, ceramic and all other things that stay beautiful for a long time. Glass is one of those really special materials that is beautiful and can remain beautiful for thousands of years.

I just found out today that the cloisonne enamel used on these coins is not just silicate glass but BOROSILICATE glass! That might not mean much to most of you, but it is the king of glass. It is the same material that high quality lab ware such as beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks are made of due to its chemical resistivity, resistance to thermal shock, resistance to impacts, and small thermal expansion.

Just got the glass version, I like the texture and light reflections. Curiously, when viewed in profile, has some curvature, I think this is due to the manufacturing process, this gives some depth and makes it more beautiful.

Edited by manu luq

Just got the glass version, I like the texture and light reflections. Curiously, when viewed in profile, has some curvature, I think this is due to the manufacturing process, this gives some depth and makes it more beautiful.

If you mean that the whole coin is curved, you are right. That happens from the heat of the furnace.

Would anyone be interested in a remint of this coin? My web store tells me where people linked from and someone arrived to my store today from this post, which tells me that there may be some interest. This is something that I have been thinking of doing for a while, so perhaps this is a tiny push to get me going. I don't particularly like the side with the star, so I was thinking of redesigning that side. If anyone thinks that side is great, then please tell me, if not, I may work on a better star pattern.