International Earth Day

Art-Per

Hello all

CITO and keep the countryside clear, take your bottles, cans and bags home and recycle them.

To emphasise this message I will be doing a short sequence of my performance art poses wearing a green leotard costume here;

http://i55.tinypic.com/2rr8377.jpg

[i've only just joined and my Garmin Etrex has not arrived yet]

Through 2 stiles adjacent to 2 gates keep near to the fence with the aerials on your left. Follow the path [just trodden grass] to a rock overlooking the valley. Please be very careful there are steep cliffs by this footpath wear decent walking boots and if you are in the least unsteady bring a stick. Bring a bag, you may see some rubbish to take away.

You may read about me and see some pics of me on Flickr here http://www.flickr.com/people/readj

I will be there between 5 and 6 PM [Edit] today 22nd April :-)

I care deeply about our Earth and I love England.

Regards - Art-Per

Edited by Art-Per

Hello all,

Three people made it to the spot on the map and I was able to give a short performence. Actually in two spots the other in an overgrown quarry not far away. Six of the photos are on my Flickr page.

All four of us felt uplifted afterwards and determined to spread the word about International Earth Day and to explain about the small things we can all do, to as many people who will listen.

It was a quite wonderful experience.

Warmest wishes - AP

Hello all,

Three people made it to the spot on the map and I was able to give a short performence. Actually in two spots the other in an overgrown quarry not far away. Six of the photos are on my Flickr page.

All four of us felt uplifted afterwards and determined to spread the word about International Earth Day and to explain about the small things we can all do, to as many people who will listen.

It was a quite wonderful experience.

Warmest wishes - AP

OK... this is cool and different. We demand to be able to log finding you!

Anyone point this guy to an apt traveller we could log?

Hello Natty,

Thank you for your reply.

I had a PM from a GC family who would like to do the same as you are suggesting, at least I think so, they suggest that I should get some, travel bug dog tags, and I'm not sure if I've got this right but I then use the unique number on the tag and announce through the GC site [not sure where] that I will be at a specific location at a specific time, give or take say 1/2 an hour. GC'ers who wish to find me and see a short performance would be welcome.

I don't know if this would work in the same way, if someone say yourself knew of a spot that would be suitable for me to make my way to, no more than 30 to 40 miles from the Notts/Derby border and you gave me the coordinates I could make my way there.

As soon as my Garmin Etrex arrives I will be able to start properly

Thanks for your support and my warmest wishes to you, AP

Hello Natty,

Thank you for your reply.

I had a PM from a GC family who would like to do the same as you are suggesting, at least I think so, they suggest that I should get some, travel bug dog tags, and I'm not sure if I've got this right but I then use the unique number on the tag and announce through the GC site [not sure where] that I will be at a specific location at a specific time, give or take say 1/2 an hour. GC'ers who wish to find me and see a short performance would be welcome.

I don't know if this would work in the same way, if someone say yourself knew of a spot that would be suitable for me to make my way to, no more than 30 to 40 miles from the Notts/Derby border and you gave me the coordinates I could make my way there.

As soon as my Garmin Etrex arrives I will be able to start properly

Thanks for your support and my warmest wishes to you, AP

Yeah... I guess you'd have to announce on the page of the tags... they have an info and goal section as they normally travel from cacher to cacher... of course we'd have to get people to add you to their watchlists so they knew where you were heading!

Hello all,

I'm sorry to tell you that after discussions with my wife I have decided not to proceed with any performances, she is very concerned about me being old and vulnerable and thinks it best left to someone younger.

Reluctantly I have to agree with her, she is quite right.

Warmest wishes - Jim

Is this setting some kind of new precedent of posting about/promoting anything which has absolutely nothing to do with Geocaching? If so, I'd like to say that the last Exeter Chiefs Rugby match of the season is on 7th May at Sandy Park. See you there! :anibad::ph34r::P

I guess I am going to close this topic. This is a geocaching forum. Since this was yesterday and since you did not even do the performance, I don't see the need for this to remain open. Hopefully you can go out and find some geocaches and see if like the game as a whole.