new profile pages and a couple other suggestions

Go4Cache

A couple thoughts and suggestions regarding the website:

* The new profile pages are nice but I really miss the links to see where another geocacher has been, explainations on the travel bugs they own, and the total number of finds.

Also, I'd really like to see:

* A way to search for other geocachers by username. We tend to be a bit competative and like to watch what other cachers in our area have been doing and therefore check their profile page(s) on a semi-regular basis. If someone we know is out of town, it's fun to check to see where they've been caching.

* A link or query that would show me all the logs I've made - sort of a journal. Something that would look like a running cache log with date found, name of the cache, my comments.

And last but not least -

* An easier way to get to a state map. Right now I have to do the detailed search, wait for the page to refresh after choosing each option from the drop down menus, and then finally choose the "map" option once caches for the state have loaded. (If there's already an easier way than this, I'm missing it!)

Thanks for all you guys do to keep the site going and searchable! We cache as a family and absolutely love this game.

* The new profile pages are nice but I really miss the links to see where another geocacher has been, explainations on the travel bugs they own, and the total number of finds.

I was kinda surprised that the total is gone, but I recovered. It might be nice to link to their bugs, also. Although, as I recall, you couldn't do this from the old page, either. (Sorry about the comma abuse.)

* A way to search for other geocachers by username. We tend to be a bit competative and like to watch what other cachers in our area have been doing and therefore check their profile page(s) on a semi-regular basis. If someone we know is out of town, it's fun to check to see where they've been caching.

If you know the username, you can pull a list of his/her finds: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=Go4Cache

* A link or query that would show me all the logs I've made - sort of a journal. Something that would look like a running cache log with date found, name of the cache, my comments.

You can pull this list from your 'My Cache Page'. Click the link that towards the bottom that reads 'Logged caches (show all logs). You have to click on each cache individually to read the log, however.

* An easier way to get to a state map. Right now I have to do the detailed search, wait for the page to refresh after choosing each option from the drop down menus, and then finally choose the "map" option once caches for the state have loaded.

The easiest way is to bookmark the map page.

[This message was edited by sbell111 on July 17, 2003 at 09:40 AM.]