Dharmachakra Geocoin

EyeD10T

I am happy to be able to share with you the Dharmachakra Geocoin. This coin will be available in 3 versions: Black Nickel, Antique Silver, and Antique Bronze. It is trackable and has a custom icon. 4420.gif The coin will be 1.5" in diameter.

Black Nickel:

34c51a5e-e0e0-4a70-8cf6-2b43b0ce902d.jpg78802af3-f832-406e-b1d6-721569c516ff.jpg

Antique Silver:

bc2d8060-4395-4618-ac31-0a6e9f87c116.jpg981cb3a5-dc32-406c-aa32-53497047e395.jpg

Antique Bronze

4a1646f4-f093-4e41-874f-cd7cf58e25ee.jpg635fa6a3-fba8-42a7-97f4-2c0af5ffee35.jpg

The Dharmachakra (wheel of law) is one of the most important symbols used in Buddhism. It represents the teachings of the Buddha and also represents the cycle of rebirth that is constantly experienced by practicing Buddhists. Usually there are eight spokes within the wheel, as represented on our coin, and these represent the Noble Eightfold path that is followed by practitioners.

Represented as four of the eight spokes on this coin are the 3 jewels, which are another important symbol of Buddhism. These represent the Buddha (Buddhist nature), Dharma (the teachings of Buddhism), and the Sangha (the community of practicing Buddhists).

The Lotus flower in the center of the coin is another important symbol that represents the progress of the soul. The roots of the lotus flower are in the mud. The stem of the flower grows up through the water and the flower lies above the water, fragrant and basking in sunlight. Practitioners are constantly working to reach enlightenment and the progress of the soul rises from the primeval mud of materialism, through the waters of experience, and then into the brightness that comes with enlightenment.

On the back of the coin is an endless knot. The endless knot has many interpretations, but most often interpreted to mean the intertwining of wisdom and compassion or the timeless nature of our existence.

On the outer portion of the coin, on both sides, there is a Celtic knot. Also known as an endless knot its meaning is also often open to interpretation. Much like the endless knot in Buddhism, this symbol eludes to beginnings and endings. In viewing these beautiful knots, we cannot see a beginning or and end, and therefore we are reminded of the timeless nature of our spirit. A less spiritual representation is also related to the knots endless nature. Due to it's infinite path, the Celtic knot can represent an uninterrupted life cycle.

I am accepting reservations for this coin. The reservation price for this coin will be $9.00 + $2.00 shipping (US). Please add $1.00 for international orders. Shipping includes up to 2 coins. Please add .50 for each additional coin. You can email me (via my profile), or can use the reservation form that is available on my website.

Edited by Eartha

Thanks for the feedback. I have placed my order today and have a tentative date for delivery. I decided that a cointest may be in order! :)

I will be giving away 2 coins in this cointest.

1 coin will be given to the first person that correctly guesses the tentative date of delivery.

The other coin will be given to the person that guesses the actual date that the coins are received and the time that they arrive at my door.

1 guess per day per person and this cointest will remain open until the day the coins arrive. Good luck!

I totally missed the part about "the time they arrive at my door".

So rather than edit my 1st post, I will re-do it here...

I'll say June 3rd, for the tentative date. and June 5th at 10:07am for the acctual date and time.

this is to add the time to my entry.

edit to clarify

Edited by LewisClan77

Thinking about cointest, ...if no one matches exactly, especially the delivery time :blink: , I guess the winners will be those that most closely ...? :ph34r:

Yes, whoever is the closest

I was going to post if there was a winner on the tentative date, but then I decided not too because it may give too much away on the actual...so I will wait until the coins arrive to post the winner for the tentative date.