How "polite"

Ant89

As in, everybody (or almost everybody!). That's just simply part of the game. If you really don't have the extra minute to sign the log then it's best to log a DNF as you haven't really "found" the cache.

But I did find it, there it is in my hands in the pic i uploaded

Yes, you "found" it!

So I did find it?

according to your definition so you can note in your notebook that it was a find, but the geocaching.com game is all about marking the log book. It's artificial, but the whole game is artificial.

Good job it's just a game then ... as you say.

I wouldn't be very happy if everyone logged my caches by saying that they couldn't be bothered to open the container, then compounded the insult by cluttering up my inbox with photos!

But ...but ... i take lovely picture! :rolleyes:

Thing is, I have another life other than caching (as much as I wished I didn't)

And when I have say: 3 hours free to do a trail, but spend far longer than expected trying to find a cache (I don't like giving up you see, I like to 'FIND' them.)

Then i see I am quickly running out of time .... but i can't just jump back in the Jeep (because I'm half way round the trail) so I run to the next cache and on finding it (or not, according to you) I take a picture!

This is the way I play the game.

I don't armchair cache,

I don't log a find if I didn't find,

I'm geocaching MY way!

Feel free to delete any of my logs if I didn't sign the log ... oh and delete my lovely pictures too :lol:

(If I'm ever round your way caching) :blink:

so these people dont have time to sign the log, but have time to photograph each one,upload the pictures, resize, and insert them in each log...?

so these people dont have time to sign the log, but have time to photograph each one,upload the pictures, resize, and insert them in each log...?

:rolleyes: It take two tics to take the picture.

The resizing, uploading then inserting them in my nice long logs are done when i'm home in front of the laptop with a glass of red wine in my hand! :rolleyes:

Could soon be a case of

" Did the Skeg to Ness series yesterday but only signed logs at #1, #71 & #137 due to traffic being heavy and although I had my finger on the cache boxes didn't sign the rest. TFT Series."

Sign or decline, sorry but that is my opinion.

Oh if only! We did that lot in one day last year, and the only concession to speed was pre-prepared stickers with our name and date on. Every cache was opened and stickered though!

Taking it a step further, we have a cache which is easy to find, and open, and the log book can be 'held', however signing the physical log book is much harder. Would a photo of this suffice? I think not! If I knew about it, I'd also delete logs, but I don't actually go and check them!

Dave

Ive only ever deleted one log. On a cache that I set where the whole point was that once you reached GZ the cache would be in easy sight but getting it down and signing the log was the difficult part. After someone logged FTF I checked it and the log was blank. I only deleted it becuase I know that some people are really serious about FTF and I could imagine the next person to log it might get annoyed if I let it stay.

It depends on the type of cache though, and if someone hasnt signed the book, at least say so in your online log.

As for the person who emailed OP, I would go back and delete all their other logs just for the cheek :anibad:

Ive only ever deleted one log. On a cache that I set where the whole point was that once you reached GZ the cache would be in easy sight but getting it down and signing the log was the difficult part. After someone logged FTF I checked it and the log was blank. I only deleted it becuase I know that some people are really serious about FTF and I could imagine the next person to log it might get annoyed if I let it stay.

It depends on the type of cache though, and if someone hasnt signed the book, at least say so in your online log.

As for the person who emailed OP, I would go back and delete all their other logs just for the cheek :anibad:

the only time(s) i wont sign a log - when its soaking wet and i cant, when its full and i cant (although i will add my intials and the date on a scrap bit of paper and add it to the cache if space allows! but not always possible on the nano's). i will however explain in the online log that i wasnt able to sign the physical log.

We logged a find recently just down the road from my MIL's but had not pen. im heading over there tonight and will walk to the cache and sign the log with a pen. but i added this to the online log that i will do so!

Edited by TeamGeo15