The Alembic Geocoin

manu luq

I'm planning to do this coin, funny and meaningful, that inspired me the world of geocoins, world that grows and develops like a living being, as a universe around us.

thealembic.jpg

Maybe I will make two versions, one in Shiny Copper and one in Shiny Nickel, in pastel color, and the worlds/coins in various sizes and color.

Opinions are welcome.

Edited by Eartha

I'm planning to do this coin, funny and meaningful, that inspired me the world of geocoins, world that grows and develops like a living being, as a universe around us.

thealembic.jpg

Maybe I will make two versions, one in Shiny Copper and one in Shiny Nickel, in pastel color, and the worlds/coins in various sizes and color.

Opinions are welcome.

cute! and unusual, we like :)

The pict on the left of an old moonshine still brewing a secret mash mixture that eventually pops out on the pict on the right. A sampling of that may conjure up all the geocoins your heart desires :P It must be made in authentic copper :lol:

Edited by JoenSue

The pict on the left of an old moonshine still brewing a secret mash mixture that eventually pops out on the pict on the right. A sampling of that may conjure up all the geocoins your heart desires :P It must be made in authentic copper :lol:

Your interpretation is very good! :lol::lol:

I wish coins for entire world :P

Manuel,

That's a nice design! Can you say more about the back? What are the ovals? Each one has a dot on it, which makes them look like electron orbits.

I'm glad you like it.

They can be either electrons or planets, satellites ... analogy between the macro and microcosm, ... as above so below ... the laws of nature.

We can see a geocoin as part of the evolutive process. Grows, develops...

Probably these are the final color versions. I'm doing this design with a China company directly, without vendor, and I'll know what I'll do when see the samples, but everything is going well so far :)

The color tones are very clear to that coin reflect much light.

thealembic_versions.jpg

Today I received photos of the samples, but are so poorly made ​​that I'd rather not put them here <_<

I've also decided to change the colors that are darker now, to highlight the small balls and the bare metal.

Best wait for coins to take pictures myself, I guess by mid-June :D

Coins have arrived! :D

TheAlembic_3.jpg

TheAlembic_front.jpg

TheAlembic_back.jpg

While not perfect, I'm happy with the result.

As usually happens with coins, photos don't them justice.

Finally, the minting was:

Shiny Copper w/ Dark Blue - 30

Shiny Nickel w/ Dark Red - 30

Shiny Gold w/ Dark Green - 20

These versions metal/color never will be re-minted.

Probably I'll make some other versions in the near future, I'd like black nickel w/ ?? ...I'll see later :)

Now I have to check one by one, and then calculate the final price for all of you in forum, but I can tell you now that the cost will be the same for you as for me, around $10 (plus shipping cost).

I forgot, they are 1.75" diameter & 3.5mm thicker.

Trackable with icon TheAlembic_icon32x.gif

Edited by manu luq

Thanks to all of you :)

The cost of each coin is $10.50, plus shipping cost as mentioned.

Please -and sorry for this extra work for some of you- send me an email to manu_luq@hotmail dot com with your nick, the coins you want, and your paypal address. I'll begin to send paypals the next week.

The shiny copper w/ blue, and the shiny nickel w/ red, are LE editions, and the shiny gold w/ green is the AE -only to trade, so we can trade- :)

Edited to add Shipping cost, by normal international post (depending on the weight)

Edited by manu luq

Some words about shipping costs from E.U. (Spain) to U.S.:

The cheapest shipping is by "International Postal Letter", normally takes 2 weeks to arrive.

Prices for shipping to U.S. are (for the E.U. a bit less), depending on weight:

International Postal Letter, up to 100g are aprox $4.00, that's only 1 coin (42gr), because 2 coins (plus plastic and bubble envelope) exceed 100gr.

However, from 101 to 500g are aprox $14.00, and there fit 2 to 10 coins (included plastic and bubble envelope).

Then:

If you order 1 coin, no problem, the shipping cost is $4.00

But from 2 to 10 coins, the price is the same, $14.00

Therefore, if some of you are close, you may want to make the order together, because the shipping cost may be cheaper, depending on the coins that you want :)

Edited by manu luq

Then:

Therefore, if some of you are close, you may want to make the order together, because the shipping cost may be cheaper, depending on the coins that you want :)

Well, really..., if 2 coins, better 2 envelopes, so $4.00 + $4.00, instead $14.00 :ph34r:

Then:

Well, really..., if 2 coins, better 2 envelopes, so $4.00 + $4.00, instead $14.00 :ph34r:

and 3 coins = 3 envelopes = 3 * $4.00 = $12.00 B)

Then:

Yeah!, totally agree, ...and also is true that is a bit better 4 coins in 4 envelopes (4*$4.00), instead to put 3 coins in 1 envelope and 1 coin in a separate envelope ($14.00 + $4.00) :P:lol:

Edited: ...I could not resist the joke, I know that is not entirely true :grin:

Edited by manu luq

Then:

LOL

:D:lol: :lol: :D

Finally I made another version in shiny copper, because the stills are made of this metal :)

The picture was made ​​with natural light to avoid reflections, which has many.

Alembic_ShinyCopper.jpg

If you like, I can send a coin for $9.00, plus shipping ($4.00)

Two coins must be sent separately because it is cheaper that together due to weight.

Contact me by my profile please.

There are only 20 coins in this finish, and never will be reminted (nor the previous versions).

Edited by manu luq

After finally getting around to paying for one (Sorry Manuel), my Alembic geocoin arrived today - in record time!! Spain must have a very efficient mail service - brilliant!

And the geocoin is absolutely beautiful! Thanks :D

Yes, inexplicably fast ...probably was a mistake ...a positive error! :lol:

All is well, glad you like it Craig!