Photo's killed the video star!

jgc3

Hi,

As a kid I remember family events were video taped and the faithfull video camera was around often when we went hiking, obviously technology has changed a lot and most mobiles have the ability to video as well as photo's, GPS, etc.

but if you're like me I rarely use the camera and even less often the video function, using a better quality camera

instead.

Anyhow, my point does anyone out there actually video their geocaching adventures, yes there's a few on you tube but

just for your own pleasure?

Cheers.

Yes as mentioned seen a few on you tube more interested if people out there

film their adventures just for their pleasure and not to post to the world on

youtube or similar.. thanks for the reply.

There are tons of these on youtube. They range from lame to epic.

Edited by jgc3

I never liked home videos as I always thought they were cheesy at best. I know people drawers full of VHS that they never ever look at again after filming. Or those that have to share every single second of their children's lives on their phone or insist you stand at the computer and watch the movies now. I just don't care that much...

So no I don't film my geocaching adventures. I take photos of stuff I think is cool.

Hi,

As a kid I remember family events were video taped and the faithfull video camera was around often when we went hiking, obviously technology has changed a lot and most mobiles have the ability to video as well as photo's, GPS, etc.

but if you're like me I rarely use the camera and even less often the video function, using a better quality camera

instead.

Anyhow, my point does anyone out there actually video their geocaching adventures, yes there's a few on you tube but

just for your own pleasure?

Cheers.

I video the hard ones to share with a friend on a private site.

It seems like everyday people are posting geocaching videos on youtube. I'd imagine there are tons of people that don't post their videos on the net, but still make videos. I think what you are seeing is more "camera saturation". Before when there was just film not everyone took pictures. Now, however, there is a camera on phones, on gps units, you can get digital cameras for very little $. So nearly everyone seems to have a camera on them. :3

I never liked home videos as I always thought they were cheesy at best. I know people drawers full of VHS that they never ever look at again after filming. Or those that have to share every single second of their children's lives on their phone or insist you stand at the computer and watch the movies now. I just don't care that much...

So no I don't film my geocaching adventures. I take photos of stuff I think is cool.

right on.