How soon?

So I have my first cache out in the wild with some finds on it so far. The wife was not with me when I placed it. She has no idea where it is, and me being me wont give her any hints. Except for driving her to the parking spot finding it will be on her. So what I am wondering is how long should she wait until she goes for the find or is it just totally frowned on for her to ever go for this one?

If she was not with you when you hid it then she should be able to find it right away. In my opinion she should also be able to get a FTF. If she has no clue where it is then why shouldn't she get a FTF. Let her go for it. This is about going places you've never been before, and finding caches you've never found. Go enjoy it with her.

If she doesn't know where it is and finds it on her own - I see no reason to impose some arbitrary wait time. Especially if the FTF is already past.

the local hounds will probably protest.

i'd have her wait til ftf is gone then go find it.

people can be catty about this sort of thing specially when the local hounds think someone else had an unfair advantage over them for FTF.

If she doesn't know where it is and finds it on her own - I see no reason to impose some arbitrary wait time. Especially if the FTF is already past.

people can be catty about this sort of thing specially when the local hounds think someone else had an unfair advantage over them for FTF.

Sometimes, it helps to read the message you are replying to. FTF is not an issue here.

As to the OP.

The only issue I see is if she doesn't have her own account and logs it under yours. People will think that you are logging your own cache. It's allowed, but probably 99.9% of cachers frown on it.

If she shares an account with you I don't see a reason to log your own cache. She can still go find the cache and log it on your account. It's your cache you can do as you wish.

If you do share an account, you change the "placed By" to say Mr. Mongo1965, then she could log it online without looking cheesy.

She has her own account so that is not a problem there. Both her and I thought her going after the FTF would look a little cheesy just was not sure how long she should wait to get the find maybe next time I go do maintenance I will take her with and let her find it first.

Sometimes, it helps to read the message you are replying to. FTF is not an issue here.

As to the OP.

The only issue I see is if she doesn't have her own account and logs it under yours. People will think that you are logging your own cache. It's allowed, but probably 99.9% of cachers frown on it.

that doesn't mean that someone else in the same situation can't benefit from my post.

thanks for the snarky reply!

She has her own account so that is not a problem there. Both her and I thought her going after the FTF would look a little cheesy just was not sure how long she should wait to get the find maybe next time I go do maintenance I will take her with and let her find it first.

That would only be cheesy is she whent looking before it was published.