Uploading ".gtm" files - not supported anymore?

MAntunes

I've been creating some of my caches, attaching them a "special image file" wich is a ".gtm" (GPS TrackMaker) file containing the track and waypoints of interest during the hunt (or the best paths to walk through).

Since a week ago, these files are no more available to download from my caches or from some other ones...

Anyone knows if a change was made to the site in order to prevent ".gtm" files from being uploaded/opened? I'm pointing the problem specifically to this type of files because I made a test with a ".doc" file and it worked... I uploaded it to one of my caches and I'm able to open/download it to my pc.

One example of the caches where I had ".gtm" files is this one. And I uploaded a simple ".doc" file to it too, as a test (click on "c" photo to see it).

Thanks for any input on this.

PS: I was about to send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com to ask them directly about this, but there are so many sentences appealing to post the problems to the foruns (because they have too many mails)...

Manuel Antunes

I've no problem accepting that - if it was a change in the site and not a temporary error (remember that I can upload ".doc" files and download/open them).

I used this trick (uploading ".gtm" files, wich I learned from another Gocacher) because I was able to. And, believe me, it was a great feature.

However, if I can't do it anymore, I'll place all my ".gtm" files in my personal site and add a link in my cache pages to them. No problem at all! icon_wink.gif

The question remains unanswered; Is it an "error" or an unimcompleted change?

Manuel Antunes