Area 51 Series - Restricted Area Geocoin

Team kizb

Here is the a preview of the 2nd coin in the Area 51 Series. Its a departure from the UFO theme, but I thought it would be an interesting coin and still fits the Area 51 theme. I still have a couple new UFO type coins I'm working on that I'll be previewing soon.

In November 2010 Team kizb journeyed to the Nevada desert to conduct research for the Area 51 Series. As we explored the area our quest took us past "The Black Mailbox" and down Groom Lake Road where we encountered a sign warning us not to venture any further, or else. This sign is the end of the road for most of us, try traveling beyond it and you will meet the infamous Groom Lake Security Force aka "Cammo Dudes".

The Front of the Restricted Area Geocoin is a representation of the sign we encountered.

If you were allowed to explore the hills that surround the fabled Area 51 complex, there's know telling who or what you may meet lurking in the fog.

Comments welcome.

161a492d-f5ad-43b6-806c-a0b03a6262a1.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

A perfect followup to the UFO Coin! I've always wanted to travel to see this sign in person. The back is great! Have you thought about using a glow in the dark color for the ebe's?

Keep us in the loop. I want to be near the front of this reservation line!

I hadn't considered using any glow in the dark, something I'll consider. What I am wanting to do is use transparent colors for a lot of the coin and maybe a pearl for the fog.

Thanks for the great feedback so far!

This coin will be the 2nd in the Area 51 Series. The UFO Geocoin was the first. As far as how many coins will be part of the Series, I'm not sure yet. I'm currently working on 2 other new designs, so at least 4 different coins as of now :) If you missed out on the UFO Geocoin, I will be releasing some new versions using different finishes down the road. The original four versions are sold out and will not be re-minted. Thanks

Here's the mint art for the Area 51 Series: Restricted Area Geocoin

1bf04258-f950-4d7b-bdb4-8034379b32fe.jpg

Samples have been ordered. I'm looking at having 3 different versions, Midnight, Daybreak, and Gray.

I don't yet have pricing information yet, but should have it soon. At this time I'll start taking reservations. No payment is required to place a reservation.

To place your reservation please e-mail be at blackhillscacheshop@gmail.com with the following information:

Name:

GeoNick:

PayPal e-mail address:

Number of each version to reserve:

Country coins will be shipped to:

If you have any further questions regarding reservations or general information about this coin feel free to contact me at blackhillscacheshop@gmail.com

Thanks,

Team kizb

Edited by Team kizb

Samples have been ordered. I'm looking at having 3 different versions, Midnight, Daybreak, and Gray.

I don't yet have pricing information yet, but should have it soon. At this time I'll start taking reservations. No payment is required to place a reservation.

To place your reservation please e-mail be at blackhillscacheshop@gmail.com with the following information:

Name:

GeoNick:

PayPal e-mail address:

If you have any further questions regarding reservations or general information about this coin feel free to contact me at blackhillscacheshop@gmail.com

Thanks,

Team kizb

are there any pictures of, or can you describe the differences in the three versions before I make a reservation?

ILYK

Name:

GeoNick:

PayPal e-mail address:

Thanks,

Team kizb

are there any pictures of, or can you describe the differences in the three versions before I make a reservation?

ILYK

do you have some pictures of them,

Name:

GeoNick:

PayPal e-mail address:

Thanks,

Team kizb

ILYK

I'll post the pictures of the samples once they arrive

Midnight - Black Nickle with a transparent #8 background

Daybreak - Antique Silver with a transparent #21 background

Gray - Black Nickle with either a transparent #8 or #21 background with Gray Aliens

The samples have arrived with some mixed results:

Daybreak-Antique Silver

898c8baa-f602-4215-801f-66133ee41e8b.jpg1848625a-8b50-4dca-9999-b49e377ccc78.jpg

I'm happy with the way this version turned out, so it will remain the same.

Midnight-Black Nickle

522018df-dd4d-4179-82d2-8e3c5f68af62.jpg8919fe81-757a-4b1a-90fe-aad619fba410.jpg

I was shooting for a darker appearance for this version so I had the mint do the plating first then add the color. Turned out a little to dark so the plating will be applied after next time.

Gray-Black Nickle

4aa2b802-a6b1-477d-99fd-32e6e8989d8b.jpgacb8413f-5842-493a-b7e5-9f8abec888ce.jpg

This one turned out nice except for the lettering issues on the back. Not stoning the IHE should correct this. I may also change the sky to a darker color.

Options Welcome