Cache Map!!

Seeker BP

Me neither! From the thread discussing the new cache location page display, it appears that the only person who couldn’t find the maps was also called “Geocacher” on their avatar. I wonder if the maps are now a “members only” premium feature. If so - I will renew my membership - I need those maps!

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

icon_smile.gif I take that back... I can still get the state maps from individual cache pages. But there does not seem to be a link from page displaying all cache locations of a state.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

In another thread Jeremy mentions the cache maps will be back... in 2 weeks! This is not good! I leave Sunday to spend several weeks in the mountains of Colorado- I was in the process of planning my routes using the maps!! I could see where caches were clustered, so I travel that route instead of another. What am I supposed to do now? Try and look up every zip code in colorado to try to figure out where the caches are clustered?! Or maybe look at all 813 and figure out where they are located on my own map? I would enter the co-ordinates of where I am going and look that way- but that defeats the purpose of planning a trip around caches! Augh this is no good! icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by KTClimbs:

In another thread Jeremy mentions the cache maps will be back... in 2 weeks! This is not good! I leave Sunday to spend several weeks in the mountains of Colorado- I was in the process of planning my routes using the maps!! I could see where caches were clustered, so I travel that route instead of another. What am I supposed to do now? Try and look up every zip code in colorado to try to figure out where the caches are clustered?! Or maybe look at all 813 and figure out where they are located on my own map? I would enter the co-ordinates of where I am going and look that way- but that defeats the purpose of planning a trip around caches! Augh this is no good! icon_eek.gif

If you read welch's post (2 above yours), you would know that the map is still there and how to get to it.

But just to help you a little, HERE IT IS.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by KTClimbs:

In another thread Jeremy mentions the cache maps will be back... in 2 weeks!

That is not what I said. What I did say was that the new map system would be up and running within 2 weeks. The current maps are still there and available from searching by state on the front page of the site, or clicking on the map link on any cache page.

If you really dig those maps I suggest making them into a bookmark.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

My sincere apologies. I should not have relied on my memory about what you said in the other thread. My memory is on the fritz - blame it on too many days with too little sleep, or way too many hours in with the cadavers (or maybe both?)

I have now made them into a bookmark, thanks!

Kate

Oh and BTW: IMHO the new format is really user-friendly- I really like that if I leave the ones I have found in the listings they appear with a slightly darker color

Why take life so seriously...it's not like you're going to get out of it alive!