You Pick your Post Cointest

EyeD10T

post 2

Well.... my paretns, sister and my brother in law... took the car and went a little further to find more koumara, while I was visiting the cache... a big part of the area was and still is beeing used by the military, for training in weapons...and they are firing for real...

of course this is only for some days in the winter and the area is closed...

anyway.... I came down from the hill the cache was and I had to go at the area the rest of the family was... on my way... I needed to pee... and since nobody was there... I went very close to the asphalt road... behind a bush... I am talking about 2 or less metres away from the road ok?? :)

what I saw there socked me.... but I was so stupid... let's take things straight...

I saw that because of the rains, the land was open... it looked like a stream of water was passing from there.. during the rain.... but... now the whole area was full of... mortar shells!!!! most of them were half burried in mud... others were out and others were completely covered!!

I was extremelly stupid and went down lift 2 and cleaned them... huh!!! I saw dates like 1944 and 1953!

the top was missing in some... but I could see that they were not empty!!!

a mortar when it is thrown... it explodes when it hits the ground... so it is becoming tiny pieces who kill you even if you have a distance of 50 metres for example...

These were completelly... so they were still active!!!! they could explode anytime... and.... I was down in the hole with more than 50 and I was holding 2 too!!!! huh! How stupid I was??? I left them down and left the area immediatelly... to be honest... I even forgot to pee....

see here what did I find... this is only a few... not all!!!

picture00053-1.jpg

picture00054-1.jpg

picture00055.jpg

in the last photo you can see the 2 on the rocks... they are after I left them down.... huh!

so... please... when you see a military area... be careful and do not lift up anything...... I was just lucky!!!

a couple of years ago... sorry I do not remember when exactly....

a great cacher, Ambrosia honored me so much!!! She sent 3 amazing and rare coins for me to have.... the Lackeys 2007, the Volunteer 2005 and the volunteer 2008!!! WOW!!!! I will alsway thank her for that!!! :D

Those do not look like our strawberries.... I would like a taste test.

I am not sure if they are really wild strawberries... here is a name I found about them....

Arbutus unedo!

You have to eat it when it is soft and deep red! otherwise it is not good at all!! you have to know about it...

Many do not know and... they say it tastes bad.... well....

It is difficult to collect them and take them with you... they are very sensitive.. so.. the best is to eat them from the tree... take them from there and eat there immediatelly... but be careful!!! do not eat many!! there is lots of alcohol in them and you will be drunk or get poisoned!

I am sure you will find more info in the net... :)

Here's a tidbit nikos....when I was a kid, I

lived on Rhodes Avenue

I hope EyeD will forgive me for posting more than 4 times today but this post doesn't count in the cointest.. ok? :)

Rhodes Avenue??? In the States?? Rhodes... from Rhodes in Greece or for Rhode island in the States?? WOW!!! I knew only Rhode island.... and an ancient city that nowdays is a small town... I think... in Spain with the name Rodas... which was actually build by ancient Rhodians! Now there is an avenue with the name of Rhodes?? amazing!!

Day 492, Post 1

Seeing Chris' post about Crake's Tracking Time reminded me about how I only recently acquired one for myself.

I've long been a fan of Chris Rake's geocoins and I had all but a couple. With getting the Tracking Time I am now one away from having a coin from each set he has put out, and I am working on that last one at the moment. YAY!

Post 2

Our first non-urban geocaching adventure was to a local park called mendon ponds where there are an insane amount of caches. We searched for 9 and found 8 that day. We took our aussie kaylee and our friend brought along his dog Emmie. Much to our relief the dogs got along great and it made for an amazing day of hiking with the geodogs!

Sadly we will not be able to replicate that adventure as Emmie went to the rainbow bridge yesterday. RIP Emmie. :cry:

**EDITED TO ADD THAT I'M LOOKING FOR THE Dorkfish Rainbow Bridge Geocoin Dog/Pet Memorial COIN IF ANYONE HAS ONE TO GIVE THEM**

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

Post 1 for today!! :D

sow... after I read that goosefraba used to live in a street with the name Rhodes.....

I will say... I used to live in a street with the name...... President Kennedy! :) we moved only one street now so I am very close to that street.... :)

Ok.. what to post... what to post....

except from geocaching, I am a crazy collector! I collect banknotes and coins, medals, militaria things, phonecards, tokens, coupons, wooden nickels (still none that are not from geocaching), local money and anything that you can buy things , food coupons........ old stuff... see... I told you I am a crazy collector! :lol:

so... if you have anything that you do not need.. I will adopt it for sure... :laughing: :laughing:

the info here is that because of my coin and banknote collection, when I get a new geocoin I am trying to fin all info I can about the coin.... This may sound strange to some but... I am keeping everything I find about the coin! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

post 2

I am not invited in the British Royal wedding! :mad::laughing:

Ok... back to reality...

one of the best caching days was when I went in an afternoon to find a cache with my sister and my brother in law... and then we had a night swimming in the beautiful but empty beach!!! Ok... the poor fish probably died becasue of our smelling feet, after so much walk and climb but... it was so nice... cool water relaxed us!!!

post 3

I love error coins!!! an error in a geocoin makes it unique and has a different story to tell from all the others that have the same design... so I am counting them as my little special coins! I think I have 3 so far and I adore them!!! :D

I also love sample coins!!!! Oh samples!!!! :D I have...3 sample coins too! :D

none was minted in this metal finish or exactly the same!

the 1st is trackable... and one of a kind..

the second has 2 other brothers

and the 3rd is one of a kind too!!! WOW!! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

My first experience with Coins was, back when i first starting caching and saw a coin in a cache and was excited to see that the coin had the Spirit Catcher on it...(from my city) That got me into coins, and had to look around to find out where i could buy my own Spirit Catcher coin....

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z48/darlene4343/sppiritcatcher.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z48/darlene4343/014.jpg

ok... time for my last post here... and probably my last post before the cointest ends...

I have lost many travellers... many are in the hands of cachers for a long long time... some didn't even respond to my emails... some are not cachers anymore....

I haven't even seen some of my travellers because they were adopted to me or I won them in cointests!

I also lost coins in letters that were coning to me! :( one of them was... a great mystery coin.... poor little ones..

bonus fact... this post shows my age... and now... I am not 7325 years old!!! :laughing:

big news for me - I have a new mailman now! No more sloth for me!!! :D

RIP Sloth Postie Woman... hope you buried her body really well, somewhere where it won't be easily found! :laughing:

ok... time for my last post here... and probably my last post before the cointest ends...

I have lost many travellers... many are in the hands of cachers for a long long time... some didn't even respond to my emails... some are not cachers anymore....

I haven't even seen some of my travellers because they were adopted to me or I won them in cointests!

I also lost coins in letters that were coning to me! :( one of them was... a great mystery coin.... poor little ones..

bonus fact... this post shows my age... and now... I am not 7325 years old!!! :laughing:

You're 179! WOW - you look so good for your age!!!

Day 493. Post #1,

Have been adrift on this raft for so many weeks now... each day is just a blur, each rolling into the next. Saw lots more blue sky today, getting really sick of the colour blue - oh what I would give for some earthy brown or some green. It doesn't even need to be a lot, just enough to remind me of what earth and grass look like once more. Actually saw a cloud shaped like a geocoin yesterday... Oh how I miss my geocoins...

Now to stop telling stories :laughing:

One of the earlier geocoins I purchased, something I just don't see around anywhere! Never see them being offered for trade or for sale - it's almost as though they have dropped off the face of the earth!

37b4c95a-5f4b-404f-86dc-19aad014e2b9.jpg

Fluttershy 2007, teal

Edited by keewee

I enjoyed reading the stories and seeing the pictures that were posted. Thank you to everyone for participating in the cointest.

Using an online random number generator, I have picked the winners.

Here are the results:

ef8f4663-2a3d-4229-ad42-73d26971e08e.jpg

af458337-7d1a-4e6b-8e9e-a8a61477e0d6.jpg

Congratulations to GATOULIS and MoonCat & KDT. I will be shipping your coins out this week!

Thanks again everyone - Have a great day! :)

A big congratulations to the winners! :) I guess MoonCat & KDT won't need to win my cointest now :laughing:

On a side note - I just picked up the final coin to complete my Crake Collection!!! YAY

Just won the Rhode Island geocoin on eBay.

LOL HEY! i've never been a lucky person until these cointests - it's so weird. You can ask KDT- if i pick the scratch ticket or even touched it guaranteed it's not a winner. Any other contest I've entered i've never won - so winning some of these cointests is the coolest thing ever to me! It's given me hope that i'm not completely cursed, just partially.

Congratulations, GATOULIS and MoonCat, on your cointest win! MoonCat, at least you chose to get your contest luck for something that you want. Although those scratchers and lotto wins wouldn't be too shabby. For a many decade stretch, the only thing I had won was from a Grand Opening raffle at a store. It was a plastic wine rack. I was twelve at the time. <_<