How do I......

o2jmpr

create a hyperlink inside a message. Today I took a TB and went to log it. I want a hyperlink in my message pointing to the cache I took it from. I copied the shortcut of the cache page and pasted it in but of course, that displays the entire address, I just want others to see the name of the cache and click that. Please help so I can quit looking stupid on here. icon_smile.gif

Well, if you do it properly - it will automagically have the clickable name for the cache where you grabbed the bug. It'll say something like "(you) retrieved it from (cache name)" right in your log, er... right in the bug's log, rather.

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

ohh ok, Thanks RubberToe, that makes more sense. It didn't do that automatically because I "grabbed" it instead of "retrieving" it. (I logged it as a find before the previous holder logged it as placing it there). How 'bout this then. What do you have to do in the forums to do the same thing then?

o2, in the forums, when you want to insert a hyperlink, look down towards the bottom of the "Post A Reply" page and you'll see an area titled "Instant UBBCode." Click the gray button that says "URL." A box pops up. Put the full hyperlink address in that box and press OK. Another box pops up. Type the short link name for your hyperlink in the second box. Press OK.

Then lather, rinse, repeat.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

What would life be like if there were no hypothetical questions?