Can you bulk add to bookmark list?

TeamMCH

Over the weekend, Indy Parks published 100 caches hidden in their parks and greenways in celebration of their 100th anniversary. I'd like to create a list with all of the caches and then work our way through it. I really don't want to have to visit all 100 cache description pages to add them to the bookmark list one by one.

Is there a way to add multiple caches to a bookmark list?

Thanks in advance for your help!

At the bottom of the page, there is a button to create a pocket quirey. That is the best way I have found.

Edit to say that I misunderstood your question. There is already a bookmark list of those 100 caches made. It is listed on the right side of each cache's page.

Edited by jeffrae

At the bottom of the page, there is a button to create a pocket quirey. That is the best way I have found.

Edit to say that I misunderstood your question. There is already a bookmark list of those 100 caches made. It is listed on the right side of each cache's page.

Okay - so there is a list already out there - didn't think to look on the page for one of the caches. Is there a way to copy an existing list to a list of my own? That would simply make it faster to get to.

Okay - so there is a list already out there - didn't think to look on the page for one of the caches. Is there a way to copy an existing list to a list of my own? That would simply make it faster to get to.

A frequently asked for enhancement. Instead we got the much more useful and whizzy favorites and souvenirs.

If I am understanding your question and if their list is public you should be able to make a PQ of it and a PQ of yours and combine the two GPX files.

If I am understanding your question and if their list is public you should be able to make a PQ of it and a PQ of yours and combine the two GPX files.

No, I'm not thinking about combining GPX files. I'd like to have that list of Indy Parks caches in my own bookmark list. The list referred to is indeed public. I was wondering if there was a way to copy somebody else's bookmark list to create my own bookmark list.

No, I'm not thinking about combining GPX files. I'd like to have that list of Indy Parks caches in my own bookmark list. The list referred to is indeed public. I was wondering if there was a way to copy somebody else's bookmark list to create my own bookmark list.

No easy way. In fact, the most efficient way to do it is still very tedious. Create a new bookmark list, run a PQ on the shared list and import it into GSAK. Find, install and run the Bookmark macro. It will bring the first cache page up in the add to bookmark screen. You need to select the bookmark list you want, add the cache to it and then hit continue, where the second cache will come up, etc.

Kind of an old topic, but I needed to do this today and I was hoping to add a bunch at one time on the site...unfortunately just 1 at time still.  So here's my work around, I have a list of almost 200 that I wanted to put in a bookmark list.  Step 1: create the list on geocaching.com.  Step 2 using Project GC virtual GPS, I can add that list of 200 or so with a simple copy/paste.  Step 3 Project GC Export feature....you can Export to the existing list you made in Step 1.  relatively painless.

Mike

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, kcsmiths said:

Kind of an old topic, but I needed to do this today and I was hoping to add a bunch at one time on the site...unfortunately just 1 at time still.  So here's my work around, I have a list of almost 200 that I wanted to put in a bookmark list.  Step 1: create the list on geocaching.com.  Step 2 using Project GC virtual GPS, I can add that list of 200 or so with a simple copy/paste.  Step 3 Project GC Export feature....you can Export to the existing list you made in Step 1.  relatively painless.

Mike

I brought my search map to Canton, OH where there is a geotour. I used the filter to select caches associated with a Geotour. Checked the box "Select all". Checked the box "Add all to list". Done. New list of the geotour caches. Took all of 30 seconds to add all those caches to one list.

Granted, they might not all be for the SAME geotour, but you can always do a quick check through the list, by name, and delete the ones that aren't for the geotour you want.

But, this is a QUICK way to add all Geotour Caches to a list.

It can also be used to add, for example, all Gem clues in your area to a list, for easy access to MATM while on the road.

Edited by Max and 99