Deploying My First Cache

dan_t4

I have deployed my first ever cache on 13/04/11 (GC2T10P) and it is nearly a week and no one has reviewed it. I have put the cache out into the world, and done so properly, and also found a good hiding place!

How long do reviews usually take?

Am I missing something?

Is it somebody near me that will review it?

Would a reference to a particular band or famous song in the description and clue count as 'soliciting'?

I would really like people to start looking for it but it is just sitting on my profile waiting to be reviewed.

Can anyone help?

The service goal is 72 hours for a reviewer to take a first look at your cache listing.

Has the reviewer left a note on your cache page, which you need to address?

Go to the Knowledge Books, and read over section "4. Review Process: Hiding a Geocache"

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=1

From the 13th to the 18th. Five days, including two days of the weekend.

The reviewers are volunteers and have other 'non-caching' things to do!

The UK reviewers are usually pretty quick, but the maps they use to check various things don't always work over the weekend! (The service tends to do their 'maintenance/updates' then... :rolleyes: )

I'm sure that if you've checked the things mentioned by Pup Patrol, and it's OK, then one of the reviewers will be along shortly. :D

Would a reference to a particular band or famous song in the description and clue count as 'soliciting'?

Could do, if it's a band or song in the charts/news at the moment... :unsure:

Just for giggles and grins be sure you checked that box that another poster mentioned... you'd be surprised how easy it is to miss. Hope your cache gets up and running soon!

Hopefully I have done it correctly, I put in all the info and left the box unchecked before I deployed the cache, and then when I returned from my stealthy task (at which I got muggled incidently), I checked it to send it off.

The right hand menu no longer says ' send this to a reviewer ', but it did before I checked enable - I'm sure it'll get there eventually, it's the 'I want everything now' problem i've got, i think i need to chill out :)

I've been back a couple of times since and the my future cache is still safe and well waiting to be found! :)

Just for giggles and grins be sure you checked that box that another poster mentioned... you'd be surprised how easy it is to miss. Hope your cache gets up and running soon!

Hopefully I have done it correctly, I put in all the info and left the box unchecked before I deployed the cache, and then when I returned from my stealthy task (at which I got muggled incidently), I checked it to send it off.

The right hand menu no longer says ' send this to a reviewer ', but it did before I checked enable - I'm sure it'll get there eventually, it's the 'I want everything now' problem i've got, i think i need to chill out :)

I've been back a couple of times since and the my future cache is still safe and well waiting to be found! :)

I think you are being extremely patient. Guess I'm spoiled. If my caches aren't approved by the next morning, or at least have a note from the reviewer, I begin to think something is wrong.

When you go to your profile, is your cache at the top under "caches waiting to be reviewed?"

I think you are being extremely patient. Guess I'm spoiled. If my caches aren't approved by the next morning, or at least have a note from the reviewer, I begin to think something is wrong.

When you go to your profile, is your cache at the top under "caches waiting to be reviewed?"

Yes... Says it's waiting for review.

Does it goe to just one reviewer who may be on holiday? or to a few in the area, and it's a case of whoever has the time to look at it will do it?

A reminder of things not usually thought about....

Weekends, for the last month+, have made the gc.com website terribly slow. The reason? Weekend geocaching activities. When this happens EVERYTHING gets slowed and the calendar gets moved back, even/especially the reviews process (as related in these forums last week because of the same complaint -- by a reviewer). Their work, mostly through the website is slowed to less than a crawl. Think about it.

Just make sure all your i's are dotted and all your t's are crossed, likewise all correct boxes checked. Then.... be patient. :)

Yes... Says it's waiting for review.

Does it go to just one reviewer who may be on holiday? or to a few in the area, and it's a case of whoever has the time to look at it will do it?

As you're in the UK.

The reviewers have their own patch to review.

If one is on holiday/ill, one of the others will step in. (Often Deci, he's the senior -longest serving- UK reviewer.)