the trip to the lakes that started a new hobby

Hi all, just wanted to put this tale on here as a thanks to you dedicated cacher's that have made this activity what it is today.

Me and my wife decided for our 1st wedding anniversary that, weather permitting we would go to windemere to celebrate it, we had hopes of walking down to the lake and taking a few boar trips up and down said lake to see the sights. Upon our arrival the sun was out but quickly his its sunny self behind some clouds and so we decided before the boat trip we would hit costa coffee for some caffeine fortitude. While the better half was getting our stimuli I was left unattended at our table so i hit facebook to see what my pals were doing, one old old friend's status read so. "off out to whitton park to do a spot of geocaching" hmm i thought, whets that? hes a bit of a techno geek like myself ill check it out. Hitting google I typed in the the word that would change the day from a nice walk in the country to a great little adventure 'geocaching'. after reading about it I headed off to the app store and downloaded the free app and found out there was one about 600 meter's away, at this time the missis arrived so i told her about it and asked her is she wanted to check it out. Unsure if this was wise she agreed and we set off not knowing what awaited us or how addictive it would be.....

After about 20 mins of wandering round a very busy car park feeling the eyes of muggles staring at me looking in trees and under bins we found our first stache! what a great little feeling it was, we wrote our names in the book and i popped a plectrum i had in my pocket inside, well that was it.... all afternoon we were a slave to the app and wandered all around bowness and lakeside looking for the little hidey-holes and had enormous fun doing so (the one in the centre of lakeside made us look like we were casing the place and took us 2 visits!) . upon our arrival back in blackburn we went to a a friends house and told them the story... 15 ,mins later were hammering around out local area notching up the finds, now there's 4 of us on the hunt!

Our first anniversary was always going to be a momentous occasion but finding about geo made the day all the more memorable and gave us both a feeling that wed not had since we were kids, of exploring the world and everyone (well most, there was one another cacher that got to every one just before us!) else was unaware of the treasures that we knew existed.

So to those out there that placed or popped things in the caches we found a hearty thank-you from us and to everyone else on the hunt, i salute you all for keeping up such a wonderfull activity.. and yes were hooked line and sinker...

now to save up for a fancy gps!

:rolleyes:

we actually found them in another order but my phone went dead and i had to wait to declare maxkims ultra sneaky one, so the stock one was last as we were making our way back to the boat.. there were lots and we could have carried on but we only put 6 hours on car! i liked the 1st one because it was our first experience we didn't know what to expect when we got there, is the makim's was first i rather think we wouldn't have understood what we were doing :) we are planning another trip to do the waterfalls and the surrounding caches, but that's after we get all of blackburn covered!

Hi all, just wanted to put this tale on here as a thanks to you dedicated cacher's that have made this activity what it is today.

Me and my wife decided for our 1st wedding anniversary that, weather permitting we would go to windemere to celebrate it, we had hopes of walking down to the lake and taking a few boar trips up and down said lake to see the sights. Upon our arrival the sun was out but quickly his its sunny self behind some clouds and so we decided before the boat trip we would hit costa coffee for some caffeine fortitude. While the better half was getting our stimuli I was left unattended at our table so i hit facebook to see what my pals were doing, one old old friend's status read so. "off out to whitton park to do a spot of geocaching" hmm i thought, whets that? hes a bit of a techno geek like myself ill check it out. Hitting google I typed in the the word that would change the day from a nice walk in the country to a great little adventure 'geocaching'. after reading about it I headed off to the app store and downloaded the free app and found out there was one about 600 meter's away, at this time the missis arrived so i told her about it and asked her is she wanted to check it out. Unsure if this was wise she agreed and we set off not knowing what awaited us or how addictive it would be.....

After about 20 mins of wandering round a very busy car park feeling the eyes of muggles staring at me looking in trees and under bins we found our first stache! what a great little feeling it was, we wrote our names in the book and i popped a plectrum i had in my pocket inside, well that was it.... all afternoon we were a slave to the app and wandered all around bowness and lakeside looking for the little hidey-holes and had enormous fun doing so (the one in the centre of lakeside made us look like we were casing the place and took us 2 visits!) . upon our arrival back in blackburn we went to a a friends house and told them the story... 15 ,mins later were hammering around out local area notching up the finds, now there's 4 of us on the hunt!

Our first anniversary was always going to be a momentous occasion but finding about geo made the day all the more memorable and gave us both a feeling that wed not had since we were kids, of exploring the world and everyone (well most, there was one another cacher that got to every one just before us!) else was unaware of the treasures that we knew existed.

So to those out there that placed or popped things in the caches we found a hearty thank-you from us and to everyone else on the hunt, i salute you all for keeping up such a wonderfull activity.. and yes were hooked line and sinker...

now to save up for a fancy gps!

:rolleyes:

Geocaching will take you to places you didn't even know where in your neighbourhood! At least that is what we have found. Yesterday we were in a lovely village a few miles along from our house, even though we had been there before we had never walked the country lanes, but we did so yesterday and found four caches. I don't have a fancy GPS, I bought it second hand from ebay and has served me well so far, since I started last September. I hope you continue to enjoy the sport, I know I am hooked :-)