Tiny Request (maybe) for print-friendly pages

Allen_L

The new print-friendly look great, the only thing is that it either has no logs or all logs, I would like the choice of last five logs as well. I would be happy even if I had to manually alter the URL.

And I will understand if it can't be done. Then I will have IE just print the first 2 to 3 pages of all logs.

When you click on the print friendly option, you will see that the address shows 'log=n'. If you change it to 'log=y', it will show the logs on the print friendly page.

I agree that it would be more convenient if there was a button option for this, but at least the info is obtainable.

I know that I can see all logs or no logs, what I want is to see (and print) the last 5 logs.

In fact if you don't want to alter the URL you can click on "Make this page print-friendly (no logs)" then when it displays the Print-Friendly page with no logs, you can click on "Make this page print-friendly (show all logs)" and get it with all logs. But I haven't found a way to display it with just the last five logs.

quote:
Originally posted by AllenLacy:

In fact if you don't want to alter the URL you can click on "Make this page print-friendly (no logs)" then when it displays the Print-Friendly page with no logs, you can click on "Make this page print-friendly (show all logs)" and get it with all logs.

Cool! I did not see that.

quote:
But I haven't found a way to display it with just the last five logs.

You got me. I have no idea how to do this.

Somewhat related,

I had mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see both printer friendly links (logs and no logs) displayed on the main cache page. I like to print my cache pages with logs, and this requires wading through two pages, first the no-log version, and then I have to click a second link to see the logs.

I imagine it would be simple to integrate both links onto the main page.

As far as printing only the first five logs... my only suggestions are to print only two or three pages, as you've already proposed, or to highlight what you want and then "print selection."

Jamie