My finds no longer shown on maps?

I am having the same problem, must be an issue with the site.

Since you are both PM's the solution is to run a PQ for all caches within whatever radius you wish to search in, and click the "that I haven't found" tick box. When the PQ runs, click on the "preview in Google maps" icon on your PQ page and it will give you the results you want.

The maps seem to take Sunday afternoons and evenings off. They'll probably come back to work in the morning.

The following notice is on the map page:

Personalization of the map is currently unavailable. Please try the Geocaching Beta Maps in the meanwhile

Edited by edscott

It sounds like the site is very slowwww today--probably a lot of people trying to log their weekend finds. It has also been suggested that the TPTB disable certain features when traffic is high to keep the site running. Check back tomorrow, your smilies will probably be there!

The maps seem to take Sunday afternoons and evenings off. They'll probably come back to work in the morning.

Personalization of the map is currently unavailable. Please try the Geocaching Beta Maps in the meanwhile

Beta map is'nt working, at least not for me, shows the caches, but hit the personalize, they magically disappear, so will see what happens next.

Beta map is'nt working, at least not for me, shows the caches, but hit the personalize, they magically disappear, so will see what happens next.

BETA PAGE DOES NOTHING FOR ME...NOTHING HAPPENS ON ANYTHING I CLICK ON

The caches that I've already found are no longer marked with a smiley face on Google Maps and there's no longer an option to hide them. That makes it rather difficult to plan an outing.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

I cant even get the Beta maps to work right now.

There is already a thread on this topic. Cast your vote here:

http://feedback.geoc...e-goo?ref=title

Thank you. I would not have known that if you hadn't linked to it, which is one reason I don't care for the Feedback site alone as a mechanism for reporting and resolving issues. I'm sure it helps the developers, but it sure doesn't help their end users. I will add what votes I can to that. Thanks again.

I wonder what those "many new major features" are. I can't say I've noticed anything over the past few weeks...

I think they might be referring to those that were added after the massive infrastructure upgrade that was needed to get things working normally from the previous "many new major features". :lol:

(OK, Groundspeak... that was not fair, and I know it. I think the new maps will be awesome when you get the problems ironed out)

been off and on the last hour...last time I just tried it work but the few times before it. Nope.

Seems to good now. It really seems ridiculous to have to disable important features just to keep the site's head above water.

For the last four weekends, we have has three with severe latency problems, and no real map functionality, and one with PQs that were delayed by as much as a day.

I'm not going to get all indignant, like the guy that yells at the cop, "I pay your salary", as he's handing you the ticket, but it does get frustrating.

This pastime and it's website is a very important part of my life. The fellowship that I enjoy with the other cachers that I have met is important. I did an eight mile hike with friends Saturday and the three times that I have tried to log my finds, the site is acting like I'm connected with 1200 baud modem.

I'm very unhappy about not seeing my happy faces! If it's not broken....PLEASE don't fix it!

Oh, but it was broken! only being able to view 500 caches on a map! ridiculous! I could hardly view my whole city on one map! When the Beta maps are out of beta, they will serve the caching community much better!

(OK, Groundspeak... that was not fair, and I know it. I think the new maps will be awesome when you get the problems ironed out)

Granted, I do consider the new maps to be a new major feature. However, those still work and haven't even been rolled out yet, while everything else seemed to break. Makes you wonder, doesn't it...

yet another day without the site working right. Doesnt that bring a smile to your face? Or Im sorry you wouldnt be able to tell anyhow because thats 1 of the problems as well. Im glad Im a PM so when the weather gets nice I cant use the site because stuff isnt working' I could have saved myself a few bucks.

Not only does the google maps not show my finds but the beta version shows SOME of my finds and some of my finds are not even shown as caches. So, if I was planning a caching trip using beta maps, not only would I be unsure of some of the caches that I had missed in a series for instance, I would also not see the existence of some other caches in the area. For example, there are caches near Devizes, England where I have done the series except for 2 which I had to walk past because of muggles. This series are the caches of Etchilhampton. These are not even shown as caches. However a couple of caches along the Devizes canal that I did the same day are shown as smilies?????? Maybe it will all come good soon and the beta maps will work fully as well.

Granted, I do consider the new maps to be a new major feature. However, those still work and haven't even been rolled out yet, while everything else seemed to break. Makes you wonder, doesn't it...

I noticed for the first time today that when I went to log a travel bug, that a list of totally irrelevant TB logs from all over the world were listed on the page. That is a total waste of computing resources, IMHO. I'm there to log a trackable, not to read about other ones.

Works fine for me too, mostly. I do notice that if I'm on the map awhile, the smilies suddenly forget to show up and I have to reload the maps.

GS needs a good map programmer. My husband has offered on at least a few occasions.

And, that being said, online maps are really difficult and frustrating to work with, I know, it's what our company does. I am irritated, but I'm not going to jump down the throat of GS and say that they're doing it on purpose because they don't care, etc etc... I'm sure there's a good reason and that they're working to fix it.

Someone here wasn't happy yesterday at the lack of smiley faces on the map! On the Beta Maps to enable seeing hides and finds, check the "enable personalization" box and as you zoom in, those smilies appear. It is a shame they don't stay - you have to "enable" every visit. Well, it's a work in progress, I suppose...and I am probably missing something. It would be nice if PMO caches would show on PM screens only - can that be done?

edit to add - some of my finds don't show on the old maps, some do. That confuses this old bird!

Edited by popokiiti

Apologises to my previous post. The link to the Beta maps has moved (way over to the right instead of top centre) and does not mention the word 'Beta' so it is possible to get to Beta maps but they don't work properly. However, there is a link to the 'original maps' in the Beta map page and this takes you to the Google maps. But the smilies are not showing.