WHO ELSE HAS MET SOMEONE FAMOUS WHEN CACHING....?

IMG_0893.jpg

This is me with John Challis " Boycie " only fools and horses fame.

I was out geocaching in cornwall down lizard point and saw a face walking down to the rocks, enzo ( my blue & white staffie geomutt )was barking and being a pain and the guy " john " said " i will go this wayyyyy " that was enough from me to know that voice ! . i said to katie thats " boycie " over there im sure of it !!!!-- " stuff it " i said im going to ask him ..lol. so over a strolled and said " are you boycie " mighhhtttt beeeeee " in that well know voice ..

IT WAS HIM ! I know my celebs i said to katie ( Mrs Prosniper )... that was another photo for the scrap book ( that makes well over 300 hundred now !!! lol

lovey guy he had lots of time for a chat about the lifeboats ect , well worth a chat if you see him :)

ITS GOT ME THINKING <_< WHO ELSE HAS MET SOMEONE FAMOUS WHEN CACHING....??

BUMBLE ROCK SEA STACK GC28AM4

Edited by prosniper

One of my caching friends met Chef Robert Irvine. I think he was working not caching. Apparently the chef is in town opening a new restaurant or something. A couple other noncaching friends also ran in to him down in Hilton Head a few weeks ago.

The most famous person I ever met was Strom Thrumond

Haven't met any celebrities while caching, but when I was working in a store 8+ years ago, I complimented a customer on his gorgeous accent. His voice projected so well, the timbre reminded me of Sir Patrick Stewart and I told him so. I also said his voice seemed familiar....he smiled, raised an eyebrow.......and then it hit me. It was Sean Connery!! Whatever "it" is, he still has it, ladies! The next customer insisted I rush her through so she could get his autograph - she'd ID'd him immediately. Sadly, I made a "mistake" to give him more time to get away.

I have never met anyone geocaching let alone a famous person. Doubtful there are many celebs hanging out in my neck of the woods to begin with. I have met some famous people at a past job. I have met Tom Jones (awesome and friendly), many CFL Football players, many NHL hockey players (new and old), 50 cent (Again very friendly and chatty), Snoop Dogg (exactly what his stereotype is), Cher (snobby), and a bunch more. Due to my job I was not allowed to ask for autographs but Snoop gave me one with out asking and Tom Jones gave my wife and I tickets to his concert. My wife was 7.5 months pregnant and Tom's voice induced labour, it's my theory anyways, 10 hours after the concert I had my first son, 5.5 weeks premature.

Sorry to go a little off topic. :anicute::grin:

I met some bald headed Star Trek actor who wanted to watch how people act in a combat enviroment in an enclosed space while real bullets were being fired. So we had to perform for him. At least he was trying to learn how it really happens. I'll give him credit for that. Finally saw him in a movie about 10 years later. Should of got his signature. My wife luvs him. :huh:

Edited by A & J Tooling

One of my caching friends met Chef Robert Irvine. I think he was working not caching. Apparently the chef is in town opening a new restaurant or something. A couple other noncaching friends also ran in to him down in Hilton Head a few weeks ago.

The most famous person I ever met was Strom Thrumond

This must be in Chapin, SC at Sweet Tea. He was reorganizing and remodeling the restaurant. Went to see him but, they were busy at the time.

I have never found a famous person in a single geocache I've searched for.

Well if people are leaving celebrities as Swag now.... I must be caching in the wrong areas...

Maybe in Hollywood?

I cache in Los Angeles, mostly around the Hollywood area, and while I see famous people almost every single day, I've never come across any while caching. That includes my trips to the Hollywood Reservoir, where tons of celebrities hike. Some day, though, I fully expect to come upon Russell Brand muggling a cache in Griffith Park.

Well, right after doing a cache in the French Quarter in February, we came upon a Bruce Willis movie being filmed. It was an indoor scene, so we didn't see much unfortunately. Although I guess we saw Emma Heming. I dunno, I don't keep up with these things as much as I used to. I've seen a fair amount of "famous" people over the years, but not while caching.