Geocaching Site Down?

vojrio

Gee, paperless geocaching must be fun with this quality of service...

I tried to get some additional cache info this afternoon using my cellphone and nearly went berserk. Luckily I was able to finish the cache without it in the end, but you wouldn't want to be anywhere near at that moment. :rolleyes:

there is one word only to describe the whole mess this weekend....ridiculous

My weekend was fantastic. I went out, had a highly successful day caching, met lots of new people, and had fun. It's all in how you make it.

Wow, how the heck did you manage to have fun considering the introduction of challenges and the slow website? I don't get it. You're supposed to be going apoplectic in the forums.

My weekend was fantastic. I went out, had a highly successful day caching, met lots of new people, and had fun. It's all in how you make it.

Wow, how the heck did you manage to have fun considering the introduction of challenges and the slow website?

Must be that 7 weeks I spent at camp. I've been programmed to go outside! :laughing:

Seemed to be back for awhile. Managed to get three logs in. I noticed the default avatars and assumed that was part of the fix.

Of course, I just finished typing a fairly involved log and when I submitted it the site timed out. Hopefully I can use the "back" button in the browser and it will still be there -- very annoyed right now that it might be lost -- too annoyed to bother typing it in again if it is lost.

:mad:

It's been out for most of the day for me with just a few seconds of functionality every now and then, but mostly nothing; thankfully I downloaded almost all of the cache details to the phone early yesteday before setting off. The phone has been able to access the server only twice all day today so I managed to upload 4 of the 7 finds, but I've now been trying for over an hour to send up the last three with no success at all. Hope they get this fixed soon; it doesn't look like anyone has been working on this over the weekend -- the server is just slugged to death.

Sometimes I can wait several minutes and it will load one page. But many times, the server is just timing out. Only the forums work. This is ridiculous. We're paying and they can't even keep it running on the weekends. :sad: I wish GS would give us some feedback on when we can use the site again .

Wow, how the heck did you manage to have fun considering the introduction of challenges and the slow website? I don't get it. You're supposed to be going apoplectic in the forums.

good for you two that you managed to get a PQ out of the snail website

i have been out there for few hours and guess what, i can't log my finds because the site is not fixed yet

Edited by t4e