QR Code Talker -A New Twist on Trackables

Lookout Lisa

As the President and CEO of Cache Advance, Inc., I'd like to introduce the QR Code Talker® trackable decals.

These unique decals are fully trackable at Geocaching.com. In addition to having their own icon, these have the unique prefix of "QR" too. We have 3 sizes, Small (2.75" x 2"), Medium (5" x 3.5") and Large (7" x 5").

Each QR Code Talker® is uniquely programmed to take you directly to the trackable's own page at Geocaching.com where you can discover, grab, retrieve or place the trackable, right from your smartphone. The tracking numbers are also printed on the decal so they can be discovered the 'old-fashioned' way too.

These are made of professional grade vinyl, just like our Vehicle Travel Bugs® that we manufacture for Groundspeak. Thanks for reading; we welcome any feedback and suggestions too!

Can you make them WITHOUT the Cache Advance logo? <_<

Please.

CF30

That looks like a really great product. I don't see anything wrong with the logo on there since it is the company that makes them. Even non-profits like NPR or the Red Cross put their logos on the items they sell.

Edited by GregsonVaux

Can you make them WITHOUT the Cache Advance logo? <_<

Please.

CF30

That looks like a really great product. I don't see anything wrong with the logo on there since it is the company that makes them. Even non-profits like NPR or the Red Cross put their logos on the items they sell.

Thanks for the feedback, and for taking a peek. Yes, we like our logo, and yes, it is hard to find any product that doesn't have a logo or some tie back to the manufacturer. The decals coming out today also have the text "QR Code Talker" next to our logo -we'll update the picture once we have a good shot. Thanks!

Have you thought of trying to make it a little more obvious that this is a geocaching trackable? Something like my t-shirt. Now this t-shirt's QR is actualy the tracking number. I see that yours links to the trackable's page (my shirt has a smaller QR code on the back that has a link to the trakable's page).

8dec6a57-0554-4647-8fbf-ecdbe8c0d60f.jpg

Have you thought of trying to make it a little more obvious that this is a geocaching trackable? Something like my t-shirt. Now this t-shirt's QR is actualy the tracking number. I see that yours links to the trackable's page (my shirt has a smaller QR code on the back that has a link to the trakable's page).

If these are sold, di you get permission from Groundspeak to you the artwork, that is a registered trademark?

Blueflashlight, to answer your first question: our QR Code Talkers DO have the 'human readable' tracking numbers included on the product, so they are readable by both man and machine. Simply write down or take a picture of the tracking numbers and log it the 'old fashioned' way :) And to answer your second question, I don't think you're the only one... I met the other one the other day... B)

Edited by Lookout Lisa

Andronicus,

Neat shirt! To clarify, our QR Code Talkers are not Travel Bugs, but they are trackable like any other tag or coin, with the exception that ours are pre-programmed and take you right to the trackable page (using a smartphone).

What's the difference between QR Code talker and QR Code generator?

Hi wiseoljoe. A QR Code generator like the one you linked to is for making new QR codes, usually in an image form. These could be used for many purposes. Our QR Code Talkers are actual Trackable Decals. These have been generated BY a QR code generator and are programmed to take you directly to the associated trackable page here on geocaching.com. We of course sell them unactivated, so once you purchase one you activate it and use it like you would any other geocaching trackable. Clear as mud? Thanks for asking!

Blueflashlight, to answer your first question: our QR Code Talkers DO have the 'human readable' tracking numbers included on the product, so they are readable by both man and machine. Simply write down or take a picture of the tracking numbers and log it the 'old fashioned' way :) And to answer your second question, I don't think you're the only one... I met the other one the other day... B)

That's funny. I don't remember meeting you. :blink:

I noticed the pictures on the product page have working tracking numbers on them. Is that supposed to be?

That's funny. I don't remember meeting you. :blink:

I've met Lisa so maybe she was thinking of me. It sounds like there are 3 of us non smartphone users. Nice to know that I'm not alone. ;)

Blueflashlight:

Wouldyoubelieve I just got my first smart phone? Didn't see that coming! So now I have a QR scanner, and bought the QR "trackable" from Shop Groundspeak.

But at the risk of sounding dumb.... I bought it, and want to place it in my cache for others to discover, but there doesn't seem to be any way to "own" it. Am I missing something? I bought the tag, but I don't own it? Someone fill me in, please. Thanks!

Blueflashlight:

Wouldyoubelieve I just got my first smart phone? Didn't see that coming! So now I have a QR scanner, and bought the QR "trackable" from Shop Groundspeak.

But at the risk of sounding dumb.... I bought it, and want to place it in my cache for others to discover, but there doesn't seem to be any way to "own" it. Am I missing something? I bought the tag, but I don't own it? Someone fill me in, please. Thanks!

Nevermind! I got my teenager to help me with the process. :rolleyes:

This is why I put off getting a smart phone! Ha!