Hi from South West Cornwall

Hi, new to the chat room side of things, thought it was time to pop in and say hi.

We (myself and 3 kids)hid our first caches today, hoping they go down ok. Aimed them at young families with buggies as my shoulders can get a bit achy having baby in the back pack all the time, thought probably other families have same issues, so thought it would be nice to have a buggy friendly route. We put 5 caches out today, hope to make the route longer, but thought would wait to see how well first 5 went down first.

Looking forward to the event round the corner at Trewellard in May, will be our first.

Any other westerners on here? :)

Greetings!

Born in Devon, brought up in Dorset, but nowresident in North Staffordshire - been tunnelling for the last 20 years but it never seems to work!

I've done some cracking caches down your way - lovely part of the world :)

I'll echo MrsB - good luck with them - and well done on holding off more before seeing how they go down - we get lots of newbies up here who do 3 caches and then pepper an area with caches that really aren't worth the effort of finding..!

Greetings and welcome to the hobby/obsession/addiction *

Although we live near Heathrow we spend 6 monhts of the year in the Sth West (2 in Devon and 4 in Cornwall normally)

We are due to arrive at a cravan site near St Agnes in June and will be organising a Picnic on the Head LAST YEAR'S PICNIC.

If you are ever in the Redruth area you just have to do some of Diggersdad's caches

* Delete as appropriate!

There was an event down here last month? We didnt do any over winter, so only started logging on again recently, so was too late to notice that one!

We originate from Birmingham, not too far from Staffordshire.

Why do the caches end up being not worth finding??

The caches we put out are worth finding if your under 4 foot high! lol my daughter filled them with easter chicks, bubbles, cars, a fm radio, mini torches and silly bands, but we did say on the description that they are caches made for young families.

Im going to college in Redruth September so probably will get a few done up there.

Thanks for saying hello :)

Hi, new to the chat room side of things, thought it was time to pop in and say hi.

We (myself and 3 kids)hid our first caches today, hoping they go down ok. Aimed them at young families with buggies as my shoulders can get a bit achy having baby in the back pack all the time, thought probably other families have same issues, so thought it would be nice to have a buggy friendly route. We put 5 caches out today, hope to make the route longer, but thought would wait to see how well first 5 went down first.

Looking forward to the event round the corner at Trewellard in May, will be our first.

Any other westerners on here? :)

I'm in Plymouth, and originally from Cornwall, so get to do caching in both counties.

If you're willing to travel further East, there's the well attended Stop the Clocks event in Princetown, which cachers from all over both counties attend (plus a few from further afield who camp as well) The events are held near clock change (hence the name, lol)

There's also a picnic on Bodmin Moor event in June.

Well done on your first cache placements, and if I venture down that far in Cornwall (I've seen a few circular walks worth doing sometime) then I'll look out for yours.

Hello Powellfamily - One of us bears maybe a long lost relation as we share the same surname !!

We are up Bodmin way and think we live in one of the best counties for caching, there are some beautiful places down here - hope your caches are well received, I agree with DrDick&Vick you must get up and do some of Diggersdads caches especially PaPa's shed - one of our favourites !!

We'll come down and do your caches sometime soon !

Hi Shiggy and bears, thanks for saying hi! :) Were coming up to Devon on our hols in July, hope to cover aload up there then, if the kids will let me lol. Thanks for the events info ill have to look at the dates, see if they fit with school.

The caches are going down well, thank heavens! Im planning a circular route ready for, 'A choughing good weekend' at the end of the month, i got the bug bad :)

Ill defiently be checking out Diggerhead's caches as they are so highly recommended.