IE-9

Blue Roads

I just (a couple of days ago) upgraded my browser to IE-9. Works fine, I think I've got most of the changes figured out, except that when I load a cache page the location map does not show. Just a very nice blank square. Clicking "View Larger Map" works as it always has, but that is a hassel with more than a few caches. Any ideas? I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I just (a couple of days ago) upgraded my browser to IE-9. Works fine, I think I've got most of the changes figured out, except that when I load a cache page the location map does not show. Just a very nice blank square. Clicking "View Larger Map" works as it always has, but that is a hassel with more than a few caches. Any ideas? I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

If you click on the Compatibility View button to the right of the address bar, it will fix the issue. I've noticed a few other minor things that don't work in IE9 and the Compatibility View button fixes them all. Eventually Groundspeak will fix these issues, I'm sure. Until then, use the Compatibility View if you see something that isn't working.

Edited by MorrisonHiker

That is because IE9 has a security feature called "Content Filtering."

Look at the URL bar and at the right end you will see a small blue

circle with a diagonal blue bar. Hovering over the icon will show if

the content is filtered. If so, click on the icon and turn off tracking

protection. That should allow you to see the previously blocked graphic image(s).

This is to protect you from evil embedded graphic content!

Dave

If you click on the Compatibility View button to the right of the address bar, it will fix the issue. I've noticed a few other minor things that don't work in IE9 and the Compatibility View button fixes them all. Eventually Groundspeak will fix these issues, I'm sure. Until then, use the Compatibility View if you see something that isn't working.

See my earlier post regarding the Content Filtering icon.

The compatibilty view may NOT solve the problem!

Dave