Spoiler photos !

Does the cache owner have administrative powers to remove spoiler photos that others have uploaded?

Yes... BUT... the only way to do it is to remove the whole log. It's not possible to remove only the spoiler photograph.

We've had some experience of this problem with one of our own caches which has a particularly interesting container. As an owner, one doesn't always notice immediately that a spoiler pic has been added to the log. I recently checked up on some logs from the last 4-5 months and found 4 pics of happy finders with the container. I emailed each one very politely, asking if they would kindly remove the spoiler photo to keep the surprise a secret for future finders. Three responded along the lines of, "Oooo, sorry, yes, will remove it - We just didn't think..." and from one I got a slightly snotty response along the lines of, "Well, there are other such photos on the gallery page already so I'll just remove all three of my photos on the log then I won't be treading on any toes, will I?" <_<

Over in the Feedback Forum there's a suggestion that owners should be able to remove spoiler pics so you might like to vote/comment on it here:

Ability to remove spoiler pics attached to logs.

MrsB :)

I think you can now ,, delete only the photo.. Ive just done just that ,, a new cacher local to me has taken to uploading photos of caches in the hiding positions .. I sent a polite request not to do this ,, the next cache he logged was one of mine ? yep it included a photo ,, and in turn I deleted it ,, and will continue to do so if he repeats it on any others I own ,, shame , he also fits in to the bracket of the sort that can only ,, type TFTC ..

Yes, it is now possible to delete only the photograph from a finder's log - This feature was introduced about 6 months ago, I think.

I can't imagine why anybody playing a game which involves hunting for containers which have been carefully and/or cunningly hidden would think it's fine to post photographs showing exactly where they're hidden. <_<

(Maybe when they played Hide and Seek as a child they were always the one who jumped out from behind the curtains shouting, "I'm here! I'm here! It's me!")

MrsB

Goodness, I never imagined that this post would still be active after 12 months - but I am really glad that it's now possible to remove the spoiler photos. As someone said earlier, we all play in different ways, and ... there's no accounting for some folk -

Personally I agree with Mrs Blorenge ... Let's keep guessing about the "bump in the curtains", it's much more fun that way!

And thanks to everyone for expressing their opinions -

:rolleyes: