Street Address On PN-40

You can't. Most likely because it isn't intended to be used as a Sat-Nav (or in-car navigator, if you will). Sure it provides turn-by-turn (more or less) to a cache, but that is what it is meant to do, geocache.

Solution: Use Google Earth, grab up the coordinates of where you wanna go, plug them in to the GPSr as a waypoint. Ta-Da!

No you can do street nav with it. I may have finally figured it out, three hours later. Will report back. Although I do see that it is nothing like the 60CSx in terms of navigating. I got it for the extensive mapsets. We'll see how that works out.

Edited by CosmicMiami

Yes, of course the PN-40 can provide turn-by-turn street navigation, although it's not considered a strength. Press the "find" (magnifying glass)button and the search menu will come up. The next steps depend on the firmware you're running but navigating through the find menu, you should be able to see how to enter the state, city, and street you're looking for.

Edited by Pax42

Ah-hah. Got it.

I wandered around in the woods yesterday on an 8 stage multi. The PN worked great. I had lots of time fiddling with screens and getting things the way I think I like them for now!! Until I change it of course. IMHO, the PN seems like a better trekking/off-road unit than the 60CSx (let the flame war begin) :blink:

Not terribly impressed with the street nav but hey, I have the other unit for that.

Still playing around with the Delorme imagery. Seems extensive and useful. Plus the fact that the unit will handle higher capacity SD cards is a huge plus, especially if using aerial imagery.