Visit Groundspeak HQ?

jmilla210
Followers 1

I really want to visit the Groundspeak HQ in Seattle and somehow take a tour. I'm not sure they allow this, though. What should I do?

Email contact@Groundspeak.com

If you really want to see a bunch of cubicle dwellers using PCs, programming and answering the phone - I think I can arrange for a tour in most any city!!

I really want to visit the Groundspeak HQ in Seattle and somehow take a tour. I'm not sure they allow this, though. What should I do?

all you need to know is on the cache page

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=1827cb76-52a8-4c4e-8081-782a6e14c00b

If you really want to see a bunch of cubicle dwellers using PCs, programming and answering the phone - I think I can arrange for a tour in most any city!!

sour grapes or you just like to be a party pooper? :anibad:

I've been to the "tour" there.

The thing is is that they've stopped giving "tours."

You can still go into the lobby and talk to the two people at the desk, but people aren't allowed beyond that anymore. :(

The neat thing is that they've got a huge flat screen set up that shows google earth, and it zooms to everywhere on the planet where a cache is being logged in that moment. It shows the location of the cache and shows the log. It is amazing how many caches are being logged per hour!!!!

Besides that, they've got a HUGE cache there to swap swag and a big box of travel bugs.

They have a few things to buy, coins and t-shirts etc, but not much.

Some nice coins though. They say they never intended it to be a sales thing there.

I suspect in time they'll have a little store for us there. It would be nice. It's also kinda nice they don't want the "tour" to be about buying stuff, but now they don't give a tour of the building, it would be nice to be able to buy more.

It was fun, and when some friends said they were going, I told them I'd go again with them, even though you can only log it once.

It was fun!

So I just did a search, but didn't seem to yeild any results. Since HQ has moved, does that mean if we go back it counts as a new "find"? Just curious.

You would not be the first person to log it twice, but I would imagine most folks would consider it kinda cheap to do so, but to each their own.

Apparently one of my logs got on the google map board and one of the staffers took a picture of it for me, talk about service! Louis Bliss rocks.

So I just did a search, but didn't seem to yeild any results. Since HQ has moved, does that mean if we go back it counts as a new "find"? Just curious.

You would not be the first person to log it twice, but I would imagine most folks would consider it kinda cheap to do so, but to each their own.

Apparently one of my logs got on the google map board and one of the staffers took a picture of it for me, talk about service! Louis Bliss rocks.

See, and that is what I was just curious of. I mean, it is in a new location, so it isn't like going back to the same place twice (same as a cache with the same name that is archived and then moved). But, then again, you are effectively logging an experience, and you can only "find" HQ once, as it were. Thanks for the input.

See, and that is what I was just curious of. I mean, it is in a new location, so it isn't like going back to the same place twice (same as a cache with the same name that is archived and then moved). But, then again, you are effectively logging an experience, and you can only "find" HQ once, as it were. Thanks for the input.

Same GC# Same cache. Apparently HQ can move fartther than the few dozen yards the rest of us are allowed. :o:unsure::laughing:

I've been to the "tour" there.

The thing is is that they've stopped giving "tours."

You can still go into the lobby and talk to the two people at the desk, but people aren't allowed beyond that anymore. :(

Yeah, apparently they changed it right before I wnet a year and a half ago. I was hoping to ge tto go in as I know a few of the staffers there and wanted to say hi.

The neat thing is that they've got a huge flat screen set up that shows google earth, and it zooms to everywhere on the planet where a cache is being logged in that moment. It shows the location of the cache and shows the log. It is amazing how many caches are being logged per hour!!!!

Sometimes people will log the caches they found on their phone while standing in front of it to see if the view will change to their cache. The rate at which they are shown is much slower than what actually are being logged because only a small percentage of those show up on the screen.

Besides that, they've got a HUGE cache there to swap swag and a big box of travel bugs.

Used to be cool to get a bug to Seattle to be placed in the Triad. Sadly, that's not possible anymore...

They have a few things to buy, coins and t-shirts etc, but not much.

Some nice coins though. They say they never intended it to be a sales thing there.

I suspect in time they'll have a little store for us there. It would be nice. It's also kinda nice they don't want the "tour" to be about buying stuff, but now they don't give a tour of the building, it would be nice to be able to buy more.

Yeah, they don't push it on you, but if you ask, they are more than willing to sell it to you... :anibad: I go there to purchase my Milestone Coins, They also have Lackey coins and several others as well. Turns out you can get most of those at REI as well.

It was fun, and when some friends said they were going, I told them I'd go again with them, even though you can only log it once.

It was fun!

Lots of people go multiple times. lamorake and I have a friend that works inthe same building as the old location. I actually used to work in that same buliding too. The new location isn't far from there. It's in a neighborhood in Seattle that is known as "The Center of the Universe" Losts of other neat stuff to see around there.

I visit HQ a lot of the times that I'm in Seattle. I mainly do it for the hugs. :anicute::wub:;)

And then, we always go to Theo's Chocolate, for free samples and to buy some chocolate. <drool> I'm not sure which is the high point - hug drugs, or chocolate drugs.

Just kidding. :laughing:

Or am I? :ph34r: