Premium Membership ?

jjmf2k9

WHY respond to a 2 year old thread, like the conversation just continued ??

come on, the thread starter was online for ultra short time, found just 7 caches, never logged in since,

so the answer is NO !!! good you did not waste the money

Because other people might be looking at the price of a premium membership and wondering whether it was worth it?

come on, the thread starter was online for ultra short time, found just 7 caches, never logged in since,

Because other people might be looking at the price of a premium membership and wondering whether it was worth it?

And because geocaching has changed what it was when this thread started and certainly since I first purchased a premium membership in 2007. I share the sentiments of Geodarts and Team Tisri. A premium membership used to be an easy decision...now, based on the direction that the game and Groundspeak seem to be going it's become a tougher decision. I last renewed in May so don't have to think about again for a few months, but at this point I'm not sure that I'll renew when my annual membership expires.

I actually just renewed yesterday. After fixing a paypal screw-up, I cashed in a one month free membership from a Magellan GPS unit, and have been paying $10 every 3 months, since then. Yes, I know I'm paying them $40 a year instead of $30 a year, I need to fix that. But here's the interesting thing. They referred to me as a "Geocaching Rock Star" in the email for renewing the membership yesterday, gotta love that. Rock on, dudes. :lol:

Don't know if this is the best place to ask but seeing i'm here now ....

when you buy premium membership , say on desk top PC at home dose that also work on mobile devices phone & tablet with same licence ?

thanks

Yes. Your membership status is with the website, not your computer.

And because geocaching has changed what it was when this thread started and certainly since I first purchased a premium membership in 2007. I share the sentiments of Geodarts and Team Tisri. A premium membership used to be an easy decision...now, based on the direction that the game and Groundspeak seem to be going it's become a tougher decision. I last renewed in May so don't have to think about again for a few months, but at this point I'm not sure that I'll renew when my annual membership expires.

I've been premium about the same length of time as you (I think I first bought mine in 2007 or 2008).

Unless something changes quite drastically when this membership ends I won't be renewing it and, like you, I found this year was the first one where it wasn't a no-brainer to renew it. I'm tired of being treated like a walking wallet that just hands over the money and shuts up, and tired of the seemingly relentless push towards quantity over quality and towards stupid gimmicks like these August souvenirs, colour scheme changes and other pointless stuff when there are useful features people are suggesting that don't get implemented due to a lack of resources.

After finding a few really good caches in the tail end of last year (my FTF on Pachydermophobia, a week after it was published and some 3500 miles from home being a key one) I just found my level of inclination to hunt a film pot behind a sign tailed off massively. Even on my way back from Pachydermophobia to where I was staying at the time I drove literally right past a bunch of micros (park-n-grab) and didn't even slow down.

In 2011 I found 577 caches. So far in 2013 I've found 62 caches. For me geocaching, in the area where I live at least, just isn't as much fun as it used to be. A nice walk when I'm out of town that takes in a few caches and takes me to areas I didn't know about it great; a nice cache in a park I never knew about is great. A film pot behind a sign just because there aren't any other caches nearby just doesn't trigger any desire to go and retrieve it.

I went Premium for three reasons. 1. I wanted to support Groundspeak 2. there are a LOT of premium caches in the area where I cache and 3. I use a GPSr which you can only get all the information on if you have a Premium Account.

For me that made the yearly fee worth it. Make a list of the advantages, and if there are enough to make the fee worth it, go for it. It's honestly that costly of a membership fee.