Multicache materials needed.

Hi there,

I would be interested in any and all "abnormal" Currency valuations i.e. the US $2 bill, the Canadian Loonie... in circulation today or in the recent past, to put together a series of puzzle caches that use these items as clues in a field puzzle and any verifiable information concerning the story behind their creation and/or demise.

As long as there are no laws forbidding a trade or transport of these items, i would be very interested in a fair and equitable trade. I used to have a whole collection of bills and coins from all over the world. I remember my kids first called it Dad's funny money until they were old enough to realize that the US Dollar isn't the only currency out there.

I would prefer to deal with metal coins but good quality paper notes wil also be considered.

Please contact me thru my profile or reply here and we'll see if we can't get something worked out.

For general discussion, I won't spoil the idea I have but I'll consider reading interesting stories and will also share a few of my own

GH and TC

TeamDadcubed

It's from Canada. :rolleyes:

Try Service members stationed in Germany for the 2 dollar bills and the Susan B's. When they weren't happily taken up by the American people, they shipped 'em all to troop locations overseas. You could also try any Airport. They usually have exchange counters for other currencies. Or just tell your bank what you want and they can get it for you.

It's from Canada. :rolleyes:

Try Service members stationed in Germany for the 2 dollar bills and the Susan B's. When they weren't happily taken up by the American people, they shipped 'em all to troop locations overseas. You could also try any Airport. They usually have exchange counters for other currencies. Or just tell your bank what you want and they can get it for you.

You can buy foreign coins by the bagful through lots of sites on the internet.

Thanks NYP

The more I look at those offers the less personal they feel and part of this project is to empart a bit of a story with each of the series I make. I'm still not sure if I want to do it as a series or a single multi but I really hope folks like the find, and I'm thinking the personal touches and stories will make it just that much better.

Thanks tho and I'll probably use one of those bulk coin offers for back up or swag so your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks NYP

The more I look at those offers the less personal they feel and part of this project is to empart a bit of a story with each of the series I make. I'm still not sure if I want to do it as a series or a single multi but I really hope folks like the find, and I'm thinking the personal touches and stories will make it just that much better.

Thanks tho and I'll probably use one of those bulk coin offers for back up or swag so your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I know what you mean. I've built up a small collection of foreign coins and bills from my travels over the past 10 years or so and it just wouldn't feel the same if I bought Zambian Kuacha, Ethiopian Birr, or Tanzananian shlllings off the internet. There is a cache just up the road from me called "Cache Cow" that has a foreign currency theme. It's had quite a collection of foreign coins traded through the cache and whenever I've returned from a trip abroad I've stopped by and dropped a few coins into it.