My Log Was Deleted...

SooMukwas

On the rare occasion I delete a log, I always give a reason. Lately it's been because cachers keep finding the nearby letterbox instead of my cache (long story!).

That's too bad that the CO didn't give you a reason. That cache looks like it's ready for a find, so how interesting that the first find in several months gets deleted.

Hopefully the CO will reply to your email soon and explain the action.

Got an e-mail tonight that my log for The Kliggin Cache( GC229TV) was deleted by the CO. No reason was given at all. Has anyone else had this happen for this cache? Inquired with the CO but no reply back so far.

i had that happen, it could be that was a mistake or in my case just in spite :lol:

just log it again

EDIT: i checked the cache page and looks like owner logged maintenance and edited his log later on

was your log in that vicinity, maybe he clicked on the wrong one

Edited by t4e

If your log did not contain any spoilers, or suggestions of violating the guidelines/local laws, post it again.

If the CO deletes it a second time without explanation, then it's time to enlist a reviewer or even appeals.

Most likely there is a simple, harmless reason this occurred, and it's unlikely you'll need to escalate.

It may simply be that the CO has not had the chance to read/respond to your message yet.

Got an e-mail tonight that my log for The Kliggin Cache( GC229TV) was deleted by the CO. No reason was given at all. Has anyone else had this happen for this cache? Inquired with the CO but no reply back so far.

Mine too. It also was a note that directed people to a forum discussion regarding trespassing signs at the location. Things seemed to have been ironed out wrt access to the cache. But recently, Apr 14, someone posted a DNF about not finding access to the cache via the trail behind the church (a fence in the way and no trespassing signs everywhere) and it was deleted from the logs, I still have it in my inbox. Not sure why the CO has decided to delete some of the logs and leave others that talk about trespassing signs.

It was actually a log posted on the day the cache was published, lol. Funny thing too, it was just a note and not even a find. Thank you's for the feedback. :)

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. He probably went through the logs deleting notes and old NMs. Since it wasn't a find that was deleted then an explanation isn't really needed.

It was actually a log posted on the day the cache was published, lol. Funny thing too, it was just a note and not even a find. Thank you's for the feedback. :)

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. He probably went through the logs deleting notes and old NMs. Since it wasn't a find that was deleted then an explanation isn't really needed.

Wouldn't hurt to post a note for a few days, indicating that he's cleaning up the logs so people don't get offended. Nobody likes to get a "Log Deletion Notice" out of the blue.

But your note on the day after it was published is still there:

Write note December 30, 2009 by SooMukwas (1510 found)

Getting keys to a new car wasn't going to be that easy. I was hoping no one else would notice that. Now who's going to try the co-ords from the pic first?

Interesting...the cache page reads like there used to be more notes, and has been "cleaned up", to the point where the CO now says "I will be getting rid of this cache soon, sorry for ticking off so many people."

Or have people been emailing him, I wonder?

But your note on the day after it was published is still there:

Write note December 30, 2009 by SooMukwas (1510 found)

Getting keys to a new car wasn't going to be that easy. I was hoping no one else would notice that. Now who's going to try the co-ords from the pic first?

Interesting...the cache page reads like there used to be more notes, and has been "cleaned up", to the point where the CO now says "I will be getting rid of this cache soon, sorry for ticking off so many people."

Or have people been emailing him, I wonder?

Yeah, I re-posted my note. Then last night I got a message saying he's going to archive the cache because too many people are complaining. That sucks. If people don't like a cache, then why cause a commotion, just skip it and find another that suits your needs, no?

I let him know the same and hopefully he doesn't archive it as I haven't found this one yet, lol!

The CO confirmed "No Trespassing" signs at the "secret" entrance behind the church. It is a good thing the CO archived the cache rather than encourage people to continue to venture there. It is clearly not public land.

I agree with northernpenguin. After getting the April 14th log that noted new 'No Trespassing' signs, the CO did the right thing by checking the area and archiving the cache.

A suggestion I would make to the CO - instead of having deleted the April 14th DNF log that mentioned the 'No Trespassing' signs, leave the log, disable the cache with a note that you will check the location.

Edited by Lone R

Some cache owners, rightly or wrongly, choose to delete notes to remove that which they perceive as clutter from their listings. Since there's really no harm done given that it wasn't a "find", maybe this was the case?

What did the original note say?

The removed Apr 14 DNF said that the cacher took the path behind the church but when they got to the creek there was a fence in the way that ran from the cemetery to the creek with no trespassing signs all along the fence.

The CO's follow-up April 17th visit confirmed the No Trespassing (Dangerous Keep Out) signs and he archived the cache.

The removed Apr 14 DNF said that the cacher took the path behind the church but when they got to the creek there was a fence in the way that ran from the cemetery to the creek with no trespassing signs all along the fence.

The CO's follow-up April 17th visit confirmed the No Trespassing (Dangerous Keep Out) signs and he archived the cache.

Maybe I misunderstood. My understanding of the OP was that his log was a note, as opposed to a DNF.

Maybe I misunderstood. My understanding of the OP was that his log was a note, as opposed to a DNF.

My deleted post was a note and I believe SooMukwas post was a note but the April 14th log was a DNF.