VDOT and guardrails

va griz

[

No. I am glad we have your full bias well known in this thread as it clearly influences your comments on this topic.

And I'm sure that rape victims hear the same kind of statements. If only they'd just shut up, if only they wouldn't feel compelled to defend themselves when asked whether they think that they deserved it, or if they were proud of their actions. Same thing.

This is why it is clearly not worthwhile trying to have a conversation. Like trying to discuss with a lynch mob. Reminds me that I really should stop reading my email and then coming back here!

Huh?

When did I tell Clan Riffster to shut up?

His bias DOES influence his statements. In particular, it influences what he passed off as a joke when it came off as a dig against his favorite topic due to those known biases.

That doesn't mean he can't make jokes. Just don't expect everyone to think it's funny.

He is only directing the joke to the user he quoted...Sioneva. Others might laugh at it and like it while others might not like it. You having the right to say you don't like it is OK. But now i think you got a little too carried away with your argumentative posts.

I honestly wanted to know how Clan Riffster would feel if this actually affected him. He doesn't look for these kinds of hides, so it seems easy for him to take the position he has. But this affects a lot of cachers who actually like the hides that are now being archived.

You see, I get the feeling that some here don't think this could happen to them because they don't do P&G caches. When in reality, this could happen to any of us if someone took it upon themselves to be crusaders against caches they didn't like.

What if.....

Tell ya what. Since you insist on deactivating your humor cells,

That's the issue, everyone one of your "jokes" are not an attempt at "humor" but attempts at making fun of Micro's. It's really annoying. Especially if you like micro's.

+1

Did you even read Clan rifsters post? He said he was NOT making fun of micros, and had no mention of them in his post. You are, my friend, jumping to conclusions and picking sides too quickly.

Did you see ME say micro? I am very aware of Clan Riffster's stance.

Again, I don't think he believes he could be affected by this type of crusader. But all it takes is a couple of poorly placed caches to get a landowner riled up if someone has a beef against the cacher that placed those caches. And others, including CR, you and me, could become collateral damage as a result.

It doesn't matter how particular you pay attention to the rules and respect land owner right, etc.

Come on, you guys... all he meant by the spouse beating comment was that it was the same sort of question as, "are you proud of yourself". Neither question can be answered without incriminating oneself.

Close, but not quite. Those are both questions for which you cannot answer with a yes or no when neither of the answers would apply or would call for information to be given that doesn't directly answer the question. Has nothing to do with incriminating or not. They're called pre-suppositional questions and they're usually asked simply to embarrass the person being asked the question.

Geeze... would you please relax? I wrote that in your defense. There is no need for you to correct me. What I said was close enough.:mad:

Hey, sorry, you misunderstood. I didn't take your comment badly. I was just pointing that out as the difference between the to as I thought you'd appreciate the distinction. Guess I should have added a smiley face to make it clear.

Sorry! :huh:

[

No. I am glad we have your full bias well known in this thread as it clearly influences your comments on this topic.

And I'm sure that rape victims hear the same kind of statements. If only they'd just shut up, if only they wouldn't feel compelled to defend themselves when asked whether they think that they deserved it, or if they were proud of their actions. Same thing.

This is why it is clearly not worthwhile trying to have a conversation. Like trying to discuss with a lynch mob. Reminds me that I really should stop reading my email and then coming back here!

Huh?

When did I tell Clan Riffster to shut up?

His bias DOES influence his statements. In particular, it influences what he passed off as a joke when it came off as a dig against his favorite topic due to those known biases.

That doesn't mean he can't make jokes. Just don't expect everyone to think it's funny.

He is only directing the joke to the user he quoted...Sioneva. Others might laugh at it and like it while others might not like it. You having the right to say you don't like it is OK. But now i think you got a little too carried away with your argumentative posts.

I honestly wanted to know how Clan Riffster would feel if this actually affected him. He doesn't look for these kinds of hides, so it seems easy for him to take the position he has. But this affects a lot of cachers who actually like the hides that are now being archived.

You see, I get the feeling that some here don't think this could happen to them because they don't do P&G caches. When in reality, this could happen to any of us if someone took it upon themselves to be crusaders against caches they didn't like.

This is absolutely true. Imagine how the face of geocaching in Washington State could change if someone of authority took that defender group seriously.

[

And that's a specious argument. I never said that I didn't like the cache. I actually thought that the container was quite cool. But come on, that should have never been put into a sign. You know it, and VDOT knows it.

If they really cared they would have done something before drdan. drdan just kind of forced their hand.

Again, another specious argument. VDOT stated that they did not know. So how exactly would you force that hand then? And I didn't know that they didn't know. I was simply asking about a cache placed in a hole in a specific sign. I wasn't asking about caches in all of the VDOT world and had no reason to ask. I stated that I'd been previously told that it was okay to put them in for example, guard rails. The sign, that sign at that location was a whole different matter.

[

And that's a specious argument. I never said that I didn't like the cache. I actually thought that the container was quite cool. But come on, that should have never been put into a sign. You know it, and VDOT knows it.

It was just fine. Its a piece of PVC that would have crumpled with the pole if it were ever hit.

A missile? Pffffft.

[

It was just fine. Its a piece of PVC that would have crumpled with the pole if it were ever hit.

A missile? Pffffft.

I think that you should hire yourself out as a consultant then as you're acting as if you're an expert on all of this. I'm sure that VDOT would greatly appreciate hearing from someone who knows so more about highway engineering than their own folks. Not to mention having that ability to positively analyze the composition of objects simply by looking at a picture. That is truly impressive. Me, I never claimed to be an expert. That's why I asked VDOT about it.

[

I find it real funny after reading all this, that you happened to start POLICING caches after you had a problem with the CO breaking your cache. It's also real strange that her cache happened to be the only cache you have ever found to be placed without permission. Completely childish. :rolleyes:

I live in the real world where a piece of PVC would crumple if hit with such force. I also know what PVC looks like.

Oh wait, thats clearly titanium. *rolls eyes*

I still can't believe that you are not sorry about any of this happening. Thats just mind blowing.

And stop defending yourself. You clearly dont care what any of us think.