AWESOME Geocaching Names!?

Read an article in a magazine about letterboxing and geocaching. Had no GPS, but the wife had a stamp kit of the alphabet and numbers. Our last name starts with an M, and there is 5 of us, so we just grabbed an M stamp and a 5 stamp and headed out the door. Then did both for awhile, so kept the moniker when I got a GPS. If I knew how long I would have kept this up, I would have changed my name a long time ago, now it just seems too much trouble. Although "borderlinebrutallysexy" is calling me very loudly.

Read an article in a magazine about letterboxing and geocaching. Had no GPS, but the wife had a stamp kit of the alphabet and numbers. Our last name starts with an M, and there is 5 of us, so we just grabbed an M stamp and a 5 stamp and headed out the door. Then did both for awhile, so kept the moniker when I got a GPS. If I knew how long I would have kept this up, I would have changed my name a long time ago, now it just seems too much trouble. Although "borderlinebrutallysexy" is calling me very loudly.

Actually, it's quite simple.

http://www.geocaching.com/account/ChangeUserName.aspx

For info.

8.14. Username Change

My two personal favorites are "The Snugglemuffins" and "Clovelove and the SuperHippoMonkey Tribe"

Oh, and I also love Stumpy N Lumpy

I would like to see the Clovelove one on a nano log.

ha ha! I know right? We went around with them during an event last year, and there weren't any nanos that we found then, so I couldn't see; but I have a feeling they abbreviate it. That's what I do with ours, NS works great on a nano log. They are super nice ladies :)

I also like "gohangasalami" and "Big Carbon Footprint"

gohangasalami DNF-ed on a cache my boyfriend (cache name Sausage!), another friend, and I also DNF-ed on. This cache is ridiculously difficult and requires hanging 40 or so feet off a structure. We wrote in the log "Hey gohangasalami, we tried hanging a Sausage! with no luck..."

I don't know how interesting our name is but in our "team" it's myself, my geeky gamer hubby, our 9 year old daughter who my hubby affectionately refers to as Blondie, and our almost 6 year old daughter who is such a chatterbox that she has walked into a tree more than once because she was too busy talking instead of watching where she was going. We are like the blind leading the blind most days and cache names like, oh...say "Log this" (Just a pretend example), which would be found directly next to a log usually don't make sense to us until a week after we found it. We often have "DOH" moments. So we kind of are cache test dummies. ;-)

One of my dearest friends was introduced to caching at an event of mine. While everyone was sitting around we all decided she needed a caching handle. She could not think of one she liked right hten so we all decided, pretty much simultaneously, that her handle should be...

"pending"

And so it is to this day. Her husband, "Dan", is d.pending.

Just what is "in" a name, anyway?

I like 'em all, they usually identify the person. Either they tell you about themselves, or they lead you astray.

crap4brains is in the Charlotte area.

Don't know if they are still active, but I used to see posts in here and caches near my parents in NJ from Team Og Rof A Klaw. That one always mad.e me smile and is fun to say

Edited by wimseyguy

Just what is "in" a name, anyway?

I like 'em all, they usually identify the person. Either they tell you about themselves, or they lead you astray.

crap4brains is in the Charlotte area.

Don't know if they are still active, but I used to see posts in here and caches near my parents in NJ from Team Og Rof A Klaw. That one always mad.e me smile and is fun to say

Yep, I've met and cached with team Og. Nice couple. Haven't so much as corresponded with them in about 5 years, but it looks like they still find about 10 or so caches a year, have never missed a year, and are under 400 finds, despite joining in early 2003.

P.S. I still think Nostradumbass, from their neck of the woods is an awesome name. I may have even borrowed it on a couple other websites. :ph34r:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

I think A Nony Mouse is good.

MrsB

I happened to stumble upon that name out there in the internet, apart from geocaching. I got curious and kept following the internet crumb trail to see who this person was. It turned out that she actually lived in the same city as me, before moving back up to the frozen north. For someone who says in her profile that she likes to remain anonymous, she does a terrible job of it.

My Dad used the screen name Im Lost, which was very appropriate, since he'd routinely get himself lost creating a shortcut somewhere, and wandering around with his GPS looking for a cache, it seemed to fit. When I registered, it made perfect sense that I should be "Im Lost 2".

Edited by Im Lost 2