iPhone app was fine, now slow

busyb13

I got an iPhone a few weeks ago, the impetus of which was geocaching. I got the app, it ran really well for the first 10-12 days, but now the map loading time is significantly slower and jerkier. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there as solution? Do I need to do some sort of restart (how?) or reload the app? It's like it's having a lag or something - I used to just be able to trace my finger around the screen to move to a different area of the map, and now it jerks its way to the new section, often overshooting and taking much longer. It's pretty frustrating and just came about suddenly. Thanks for any advice!

I got an iPhone a few weeks ago, the impetus of which was geocaching. I got the app, it ran really well for the first 10-12 days, but now the map loading time is significantly slower and jerkier. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there as solution? Do I need to do some sort of restart (how?) or reload the app? It's like it's having a lag or something - I used to just be able to trace my finger around the screen to move to a different area of the map, and now it jerks its way to the new section, often overshooting and taking much longer. It's pretty frustrating and just came about suddenly. Thanks for any advice!

You may be running too many apps at the same time.

Click home button twice, close any unwanted apps.

Yes, you do have to re-start the phone every now and then.

Yes, you do have to re-start the phone every now and then.

Mines is slow with virtually no other apps running. Sometimes it hangs for what seems like forever but likely a minute...

It wasn't always like this, only really since the last release.