notifications

karen rinora

I understand that there is a way to get notifications of new caches in my area, "needs maintenance" notices, and notifications of when my caches are found. I tried to set up the "new notifications" through the geocaching website, but nothing ever comes through. The only way I can see if my caches need maintenance is to keep checking their pages on the website. Is there something I should be doing with the security settings on my computer?

BTW......I have only dial-up connection here in Bloomsburg.

I understand that there is a way to get notifications of new caches in my area, "needs maintenance" notices, and notifications of when my caches are found. I tried to set up the "new notifications" through the geocaching website, but nothing ever comes through. The only way I can see if my caches need maintenance is to keep checking their pages on the website. Is there something I should be doing with the security settings on my computer?

BTW......I have only dial-up connection here in Bloomsburg.

for general notifications about caches in your area read this, note that you need to set up a separate notification for each "action"

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=184

as for your own caches, there is no need to set up any notifications

emails are sent any time a log has been posted to them

same applies to caches you put on your "watchlist"

the only reason i can think of that you are not getting any emails is that something is not right with your email address, some ISP's block messages, maybe they are all going to the SPAM folder etc

i would assume you have verified your email but check again in "your account details" that it says "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses"

if all else fails get a gmail account and set that as your primary email and see if it makes any difference

I never get ANY notifications when someone logs my caches, or for any other reason, and never have. It's especially frustrating when discover an old "needs maintenance" message for one of my caches. With this in mind, I usually try to check on them reguarly by going to the cache listing, but it would be so much easier if I could get an email. Will try verifying my email address though.

Can you get Pocket Queries? I had an issue with my Internet provider .. just before a trip no pocket queries arrived.. they saw all my mail from Geocaching.com and put it on there spam list. It took 3 days to get it removed. Call your internet provider and ask if they block geocaching.com.