Pocket Queries will be slow today...

Jeremy

Just so everyone knows, Pocket Queries will be generating slower today. This is due to the fact that caches are now being generated from scratch again. After a few days, however, we expect the queries to generate much faster, due to some increased efficiencies (and sharing of data between the web site and pocket query application code).

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I'm not sure what is meant by "slower", but I haven't received my two pocket queries for two days, and I have them both set to be emailed daily. It is possible that one of them would generate no results and presumably not be emailed, but the other one is intended to send me a list of most caches in Ohio. It's not possible for that one to be empty.

Pocket queries are one of the main reasons I recently became a charter member.

Ned Raybould

Columbus, OH

erayboul,

Because of the overhaul, the Pocket Queries are generating many caches from scratch. As a result the generated caches are going much slower than I would like (in fact, so slow they don't make the midnight deadline). We're working quickly to get things back to normal. I'd expect a much faster response time withing a day or so.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location