Downloading .loc files

Klatch

When I access a cache page from the weekly notification email or from Geocaching in Pennsylvania/Latest Caches Hidden and attempt to download the .loc file to EasyGPS it takes me to the page explaining about waypoint downloads. If I access the cache page through a search on Hide and Seek a Cache it works fine and I am able to download to my GPSr. Is this a known problem or something I am doing wrong?

quote:
Originally posted by Klatch:

Thanks for the suggestions. I am logged in while having the problem, though. I saw a similar thread in the General Forum, thought one of TPTB would see it here and respond. I guess not.

It doesn't matter if you're logged in. Actually, it can only happen when you're logged in.

I have the same problem as the original poster (and i'm logged in). To get around it, I always have to start a new browser window and then do a search on the new cache via it's waypoint name. I can then download the cache from that new browser window. This workaround doesn't sound all that bad but it's actually quite a hassle when there's lots of caches you want to download. icon_frown.gif

I've also hit the problem some other times (although I don't know/remember the other circumstances); I think it all depends on how exactly you navigated to a cache's page.