A quick poll

Considering that actual polls need permission to post here, I will assume that you are simply starting a topic of conversation, and not actually taking a poll.

You ask a very difficult question, but generally, any cache that elicits a pleasant surprise, be it a surprising view, a surprising bit of history, a surprising style of camo.

Considering that actual polls need permission to post here, I will assume that you are simply starting a topic of conversation, and not actually taking a poll.

You ask a very difficult question, but generally, any cache that elicits a pleasant surprise, be it a surprising view, a surprising bit of history, a surprising style of camo.

Any of em i can find! :)

What is your favorite geocache type and why?

When it's done right I'd say the Letterbox Hybrid is my favorite cache type.

But most are done incorrectly - no stamp in the box. Or done poorly - a stamp that has no tie-in to the theme of the box or the location, just something the kids didn't want anymore so they threw it into a cache and called it a letterbox hybrid. If done right they are my favorite - a stamp that matches the theme, ideally a one-of-a-kind handcarved stamp image, next best thing a commercial stamp that matches the location or theme.

My second favorite cache type.....the Traditional - large enough to comfortably fit at least one small travelbug, in a watertight container, in a nice location, D/T levels not more then 3.5, with a CO who cares.

Edited by Lone R

My favorites are puzzle caches, particularly the "solve at your desk type." I get almost as big a rush out of figuring out a hard puzzle and getting "success" on a geochecker as in finding an actual cache. It's just a different type of "I found it"! The possibilities for solving puzzles are endless ... it doesn't bother me to work on puzzles for caches I'll probably never find. I can work on puzzles in countries all over the world that I may never visit, puzzles for caches that have been archived, or have terrain levels I'd be incapable of managing. I can work on puzzles when there is a foot of snow on the ground, or it's pouring rain, etc. I'm very happy when I am able to make the find on a puzzle I've solved, as it means I've had to go that extra mile to get it. Thanks for asking! :)

I think the name might give you a hint B) The kind I like best of all are multis that take you on a nice journey (bikable, of course) and show you interesting things along the way. We did one Sunday that took us past multiple examples of a local woodcarvers work, including his workshop, and ended with a decent size container hidden in a Wildlife Management area that we had never stopped in before. Great 25 mile ride out and back, one "smilie" but lots of smiles!!

Edited by Michaelcycle