Premium Member Benefits

bflentje

I've been a premium member for many years. I am saddened that as a premium member that I know see ads cleverly hidden within the pages that I view here on geocaching.com.

I've often laughed at all of the stupid debates about membership.. elitist, this, that, and the other thing. Thought they were lame. And I understand Groundspeak is a business.. I am all for it. But the fact that as a paying member and I get to see ads is abhorrent and I want it to stop. No ads was one of the primary reasons I've been paying for membership.

And when I say ads, I am NOT referring the Groundspeak store or vendors ads. I am talking about the Google ads. Bad bad bad.

I've been a premium member for many years. I am saddened that as a premium member that I know see ads cleverly hidden within the pages that I view here on geocaching.com.

<snip>

And when I say ads, I am NOT referring the Groundspeak store or vendors ads. I am talking about the Google ads. Bad bad bad.

Hmmm.... I'm not seeing any of those. I just checked a bunch of pages, both on geocaching.com and Groundspeak.com. Not a one. Are they that cleverly hidden that I am just not seeing them?

ads, what ads? i am not seeing any

besides, i don't recall GC promising "add free" site as part of the Premium Member perks

No where did I EVER mention that I was promised anything.

But for those that CAN comment without angst, turns out my membership had quietly expired and never even noticed until I tried to pull a new PQ this morning. I don't remember seeing an emailing telling me about expiration.. NOT that I am promised one that is.

Nevermind.

besides, i don't recall GC promising "add free" site as part of the Premium Member perks

But for those that CAN comment without angst, turns out my membership had quietly expired and never even noticed until I tried to pull a new PQ this morning. I don't remember seeing an emailing telling me about expiration.. NOT that I am promised one that is.

Nevermind.

You are not the only one that has apparently not received notice of an expiring membership. I have heard the same report from a number of members in the past year or so.

Nevermind.

You are not the only one that has apparently not received notice of an expiring membership. I have heard the same report from a number of members in the past year or so.

Longer than that, I lost my charter membership due to no notification.

Nevermind.

Premium members and ESPECIALLY Charter members should be given the option to autobill the credit card under some recurring plan.

Wait... I don't remember... WAS I given that option?? If not, I should have been.

Nevermind.

Premium members and ESPECIALLY Charter members should be given the option to autobill the credit card under some recurring plan.

Wait... I don't remember... WAS I given that option?? If not, I should have been.

There is a recurring option but regardless, I'd still like to be notified when my membership is about to expire.

They should.

why? there are no ads anyway :blink:

Nevermind.

not in so many words, but its exactly what transpires from your post

in any case, i have my membership setup to recurring cycle and i always get an email 2-3 weeks before its about to renew

i don't know if reminders go out for non recurring option

but than you going to get the people that complain about being "spammed" so can't win lol

Edited by t4e

not in so many words, but its exactly what transpires from your post

Yep, too many angst-ridden folks that need to go out and cache more often.

in any case, i have my membership setup to recurring cycle and i always get an email 2-3 weeks before its about to renew

i don't know if reminders go out for non recurring option

but than you going to get the people that complain about being "spammed" so can't win lol

It wouldn't be SPAM in the true definition of the word.