Has any one made a trackable name tag for events

releasethedogs

I just made some trackable name badges for my wife and I to wear at events. I include my handle on this website, our team name, and our trackable code so we can be discovered. Also, I included a QR code so tech savvy catchers can visit my profile if they choose. What do you think? What could I add? Do you have a designed name badge? Post it here for everyone to see if you do. Also the pink outline is the over run area. it gets cut off after printing.

team_dogbot_badge_sm.gif

I just made some trackable name badges for my wife and I to wear at events. I include my handle on this website, our team name, and our trackable code so we can be discovered. Also, I included a QR code so tech savvy catchers can visit my profile if they choose. What do you think? What could I add? Do you have a designed name badge? Post it here for everyone to see if you do. Also the pink outline is the over run area. it gets cut off after printing.

team_dogbot_badge_sm.gif

That's COOL. I'd like to see something like that at Mega Events like GeoWoodstock and Midwest GeoBash.

I've been working on something similar. Mine will have a Photo-ID look to it. I've also thought about ordering some holographic stickers to make it look more "Official." :)

Holographic-Sticker-XRG01-04-Roll.jpg

(Something like these...)

The idea I was struck with as I looked at your design involves the Travel Bug Logo: Why not replace the existing barcode with one that will return your tracking number? Is a regular barcode capable of returning letters? That might be why not, eh?

The one thing I'd definitely change on your design is that I'd make all the graphics smaller so you can make identifying info (Team name, real name, tracking #'s) bigger and easier to read. That's the main purpose of the tag, after all.

Edited by Too Tall John
  • Upvote 1

Shop Groundspeak sells trackable event name tags. They are shaped like the event icon. If you plan on making these, please read the logo usage requirements (links can be found at the bottom of geocaching.com web pages). If you plan on selling them, you'll have to go through proper channels, design approval, and you cannot sell them in the travel bug forums.

Edited by Eartha

Also, if you make these, you can use your own TB tag for the tracking number, but you cannot also release the TB. One item per tracking number, or you risk the TB being locked.

As an FYI: If this thread becomes an advertisement for these for sale, it will be closed. There is no advertising allowed in the TB forums.

Ok removed the logos and made it more simple. Printed out and ready to go to an event at the end of this week.

tags.jpg

Geocoin Club sells a trackable name tag, also

These are more fun to make. :)

If this thread becomes an advertisement for these for sale, it will be closed. There is no advertising allowed in the TB forums.

Understood. I understand your just trying to be proactive but I never said anything about offering them for sale. I want people to make up their own, that is kind of the point of this thread... To see what other people can come up with.

Edited by releasethedogs

I wouldn't make one with a QR code because it wouldn't be much fun having to stand still all the time while someone tried to hold the tag at just the right angle, find the scanner app on their phone, and then "whoops that didn't work lets try that again..."

Of course the idea is to get the tracking number off of the tag if you want to log is..(blurred in picture)

The QR bit takes you(probably) to the owners profile etc. Which can be found from the printed name as well...

Take a pic of the tag if you are not patient... just make it a good one, digital cameras have instant replay for quality checks..

Who wants to go to webpages at events anyway? Later perhaps.

Have fun... I understand the bit about skaters not liking to hold still though... brr

Doug 7rxc

I wouldn't make one with a QR code because it wouldn't be much fun having to stand still all the time while someone tried to hold the tag at just the right angle, find the scanner app on their phone, and then "whoops that didn't work lets try that again..."

My wife and i wore these to our first event last Friday and they were a big hit. I know that in the US every one has name tags, not so much in Korea. I don't know if it was because they were new but lots of people were scanning our QR codes. Then again QR codes are HUGE in Asia and from what I understand have not really caught on in North America.

On 01/05/2011 at 6:29 PM, releasethedogs said:

My wife and i wore these to our first event last Friday and they were a big hit. I know that in the US every one has name tags, not so much in Korea. I don't know if it was because they were new but lots of people were scanning our QR codes. Then again QR codes are HUGE in Asia and from what I understand have not really caught on in North America.

Maybe they haven't caught on because people are too afraid of getting it right to try.. 

On 28/04/2011 at 1:57 PM, Ambient_Skater said:

Its not really like that. I mean sure, I've seen my share of garbage QR codes but for the most part they're simple to scan. Try a different app, some are more sensitive than others. 

In terms of the card itself, albeit my reply is WAAAAY too late to matter, it seems too busy. I wasn't sure what I should be looking at first, that can lose possible visitors to your profile. But I really like the idea. I'd rather spend 30 seconds lining up my QR reader than 5 minutes trying to type a URL in lol 

Happy caching!