Garmin GPSMAP 76CSX

ZZ55

These are excellant machines though I don't seem to see many of them for sale these days by private owneres that is. I bought one in 2010 new online for $239.00 and it has not let me down. The fact that the manufacture of these models was ceased in 2009 tells me that thier engineering and design had reached their peak. I seriously doubt that Garmin could not have made the 76CSX capable of paperless geocacheing if they wished; I prefere to believe they simply wanted to retire a winner at the top of it's game (and profit from a new model along the way... free enterprise huh?). There are plenty of these models still for sale online new and the price is only getting lower (at least from my research). Still they may be more expensive than a newbie would care to shell out but even now you woundn't need to upgrade for sometime to come. Give them a little of your research time online... I really think you'll be amazed.

ZZ55

Edited by ZZ55

These are excellant machines though I don't seem to see many of them for sale these days by private owneres that is. I bought one in 2010 new online for $239.00 and it has not let me down. The fact that the manufacture of these models was ceased in 2009 tells me that thier engineering and design had reached their peak. I seriously doubt that Garmin could not have made the 76CSX capable of paperless geocacheing if they wished; I prefere to believe they simply wanted to retire a winner at the top of it's game (and profit from a new model along the way... free enterprise huh?). There are plenty of these models still for sale online new and the price is only getting lower (at least from my research). Still they may be more expensive than a newbie would care to shell out but even now you woundn't need to upgrade for sometime to come. Give them a little of your research time online... I really think you'll be amazed.

ZZ55

I have always used the 76 line starting with the 76S, we now have the 76CSX and the new 78s. I believe the 76CSx is more accurate than the 78s. How ever I just bought the 60CSx at REI as I had a dividend and they had it on sale for $219.95 cost me $198.80 shipped. Electronically it is the same as the 76CSx. I think the wife may like the way the 60CSx fits in her hands. Nice thing about the 76 and the 78 line is that you can take non slip pads and jam them between the windshield and the dash. Never had one come off yet. More than I can say for some of the suction cups I have used. No, I don't have any GPS to sell. Sorry, probably shouldn't have posted here.