Interesting Link I found Today...

jacob501

Oh you found your own site? Awesome, good job :lol:

huh???

that site:

"Posted by Jacob at 9:08 AM "

GC forums:

"jacob501 Posted Today, 09:45 AM"

unless you care to replace the "hmm" with a reason why you think this site is interesting, looks like it is your own

Oh you found your own site? Awesome, good job :lol:

huh???

that site:

"Posted by Jacob at 9:08 AM "

GC forums:

"jacob501 Posted Today, 09:45 AM"

unless you care to replace the "hmm" with a reason why you think this site is interesting, looks like it is your own

i just thought it was a weird website...thats all...

I'm confused. You posted the only content on the site, you look to be the creator/owner of the site, yet you say you think it's "weird".

Simple question to answer: are you the creator/owner of that site or not?

you call that a simple question! :blink:

Is it that difficult to say 'yes' or 'no' when asked if you created that site?

Is it that difficult to say 'yes' or 'no' when asked if you own that site?

Is it your site - yes or no?

John

yes, no, maybe so!

John

yes, no, maybe so!

I suggest you spend more time doing your homework and less time doing web page development. It will payoff better in the long run.

John

John

yes, no, maybe so!

I suggest you spend more time doing your homework and less time doing web page development. It will payoff better in the long run.

John

if you noticed, there is only one post on that website! besides, i got my report card last friday and i got straight A's so......

John

yes, no, maybe so!

John

if you noticed, there is only one post on that website! besides, i got my report card last friday and i got straight A's so......

Did they drop teaching grammar in your school? Or do they just not grade students on it, anymore? It is one of the requirements for a good web page.

Why be ashamed of admitting that the web page is yours? There are plenty of folks here that are willing to offer assistance, if requested by the site owner.

John

John

yes, no, maybe so!

John

Did they drop teaching grammar in your school? Or do they just not grade students on it, anymore? It is one of the requirements for a good web page.

Why be ashamed of admitting that the web page is yours? There are plenty of folks here that are willing to offer assistance, if requested by the site owner.

John

well...i didn't know my grammar sucked that bad! how is it bad?

well...i didn't know my grammar sucked that bad! how is it bad?

Well for starters, the first letter of every sentence should be capitalized, and there should be a space before the start of each sentence.

Looking at your blog, at least you got those rules right, but the first sentence is incomplete, and doesn't make sense as it is:

Have you ever clicked on another geocacher's profile, simply amazed at how many finds they have and how long they have been geocaching?

I think there should be something like "and been" right after the comma.

And then when you get to their profile page you see that not only are they a Premium Member, but they are a Charter Member too?

Not a grammar issue, but one can't be a Premium Member and and Charter Member. You're either one or the other.

Edit for typo. Oh the irony :lol:

Edited by Lil Devil

This is ridiculous.

What I'm seeing here is a young man (Jacob) who is trying to get a little attention for his website creating efforts, related to a hobby that we all enjoy. So what if he's a little shy about admitting it?

I am ashamed at the adults who have responded negatively to this thread. Do you feel better having proven your superiority in grammar and spelling?

I think you should all take your intellectual wisdom and upturned noses elsewhere, and congratulate Jacob on a creative project that he is using to express his love of a hobby that we all enjoy.

Good job, Jacob. Looking forward to your next post.

BaylorGrad

Edited by BaylorGrad

This is ridiculous.

What I'm seeing here is a young man (Jacob) who is trying to get a little attention for his website creating efforts, related to a hobby that we all enjoy. So what if he's a little shy about admitting it?

I am ashamed at the adults who have responded negatively to this thread. Do you feel better having proven your superiority in grammar and spelling?

I think you should all take your intellectual wisdom and upturned noses elsewhere, and congratulate Jacob on a creative project that he is using to express his love of a hobby that we all enjoy.

Good job, Jacob. Looking forward to your next post.

BaylorGrad

+1! :grin:

... and congratulate Jacob on a creative project that he is using to express his love of a hobby that we all enjoy.

I suspect if Jacob had been a bit more honest up front and said something like "I just created a new blog about Geocaching" he would have received a much more positive response.

Instead he said "Interesting Link I found Today" and then when pressed, he played word games. That's like logging a find on your own cache. It's generally frowned upon, and only serves to make people point and laugh at you.

... and congratulate Jacob on a creative project that he is using to express his love of a hobby that we all enjoy.

I suspect if Jacob had been a bit more honest up front and said something like "I just created a new blog about Geocaching" he would have received a much more positive response.

Instead he said "Interesting Link I found Today" and then when pressed, he played word games. That's like logging a find on your own cache. It's generally frowned upon, and only serves to make people point and laugh at you.

yea dude just be honest next time. People dont like links given under false pretenses.

This. Sorry to be blunt, but the OP was just lame. We're not stupid.

Come on. We're talking about a kid, here.

yea dude just be honest next time. People dont like links given under false pretenses.

I am sooooo resisting the attempt to Rick-Roll you for that! LOL!

So what if he's a little shy about admitting it?

Perhaps Jacob is only "shy" in the Geocaching Topics forum?

Jacob has been quite active in the Off Topic forum. Not sure if his homework would have been completed without help from the members.

And he's received a lot of help on other topics of a personal nature that he's brought up in that forum.

Seems like it's out of character for him to suddenly become coy and not forthcoming.

So what if he's a little shy about admitting it?

Perhaps Jacob is only "shy" in the Geocaching Topics forum?

Jacob has been quite active in the Off Topic forum. Not sure if his homework would have been completed without help from the members.

And he's received a lot of help on other topics of a personal nature that he's brought up in that forum.

Seems like it's out of character for him to suddenly become coy and not forthcoming.

thanks, now i know why the name is familiar, zillions of threads that just beg for attention

Well, maybe I'm the only one who thinks that young adults get pointed at and laughed at enough these days.

care to stick around and tell that to everyone that treat Pinehurst like c**p every time he shows up?

Edited by t4e

I am sooooo resisting the attempt to Rick-Roll you for that! LOL!

I got rick rolled at my wedding reception...bring it on!

Come on. We're talking about a kid, here.

Honesty is a good lesson, even for kids.

To be honest, I don't think we want a new topic posted for each blog on the internet. There are topics here regarding geocaching blogs. You can do a simple search, find the most recent topic, then post a link to your blog to that topic. That is the proper way to advertise your blog in this forum.

You can also choose to list your blog in the Waymarking site category for blogs, like I did.

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=af9c77fa-8730-44f7-a9ec-eb8fb2291d53

I am going to close this topic. For further comments regarding your blog, please search the forums and post in the most recent topic regarding geocaching blogs. Here is an older topic, but it has the most recent posts and shows over time how you bump a topic every now and then.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=94116

Closing this duplicate topic rather than merging it due to all the comments here.

Edited by mtn-man