A Revenge of Nerds

Six Little Spookies

I've started collecting the version 1 Geocoin Nerds (the non-trackable ones) and am wondering how daunting of a task this will be. I've got 9 different versions so far, but I know there's a lot more of them.

I've got:

orangUcool: orange, BN

Renegade; black, shiny gold

sweetlife: dark purple, shiny gold

Mama Cache: red glitter, nickel

Avroair: light orange, BN

Ble68: green glitter, BN

SOC: teal glitter, BN

CC: blue glitter, BN

CC: purple glitter, BN

So if you had one made or know of someone who did, speak up! Let's see if we can complete the list!

There should be a thread somewhere where it was organised. I think after a certain point it was taken to a Yahoo group, but if you hunt down the original thread you'll find out who the organiser was and they should be able to provide an authoritative list. I think I know who it was, but won't say in case I am wrong.

tadpole379 was the organiser.

There were 25 cachers/teams as group members, and together we produced a total of 1,670 coins in 63 different color/metal combinations

Here is a link to the trading thread for the first Geocoin Nerds. I'm not sure where the thread for their development went. (Maybe it was removed due to the non-trackable nature of them?)

Oh and here is the thread for Geocoin Nerds v2

Edited by keewee

I've started collecting the version 1 Geocoin Nerds (the non-trackable ones) and am wondering how daunting of a task this will be. I've got 9 different versions so far, but I know there's a lot more of them.

I've got:

orangUcool: orange, BN

Renegade; black, shiny gold

sweetlife: dark purple, shiny gold

Mama Cache: red glitter, nickel

Avroair: light orange, BN

Ble68: green glitter, BN

SOC: teal glitter, BN

CC: blue glitter, BN

CC: purple glitter, BN

So if you had one made or know of someone who did, speak up! Let's see if we can complete the list!

I have the following on my trade list:

Sweetlife black nickel

Steinwalzer black nickel

Steinwalzer nickel

Fluttershy black nickel

I might have more floating around as well. I'll have a look.

There were a lot of versions of the nerds made. There were 2 separate mintings, the original was just the nontrackable version, and the second minting people could order the original version and/or the trackable version. Some people who had been in the first group ordered more of their original color the second time around, some ordered a new color, and then there were people who were new to nerds that placed an order. I know that there are v1 nerds in the same color with different names engraved on them (people shared an order). I have a lot in my personal collection but I;m pretty sure I don't have them all. Here is a pic of a bunch of them.. DSCN0156.jpg

Thanks for the links everybody, they were very insightful. Collecting them all will be a challenge, but what good is life if you don't have some goals to challenge you!

I'll work those other threads over and see how complete a list I can come up with. There's only 63 different combos in the first minting! In the meantime, if you have some Nerds, help out by posting the color, metal and name on them. I haven't seen any totals for the second minting so that maybe the only way to find them all.

And, if you have any for sale or trade, shoot me an email!

Here are the ones that I have in my collection:

Nerds v1

CLAMM (Blue/BN)

Lyonden_UT (Dk Blue/Gold)

Woletrap (Dk Blue glitter/BN)

MrExplorer (Glow/BN)

Golden Nerd (Gold Glitter/Gold)

Lyonden_UT (Fine Gold Glitter/BN)

KW (Purple Glitter/BN) (Traders Available)

NW (Pink Glitter/BN) (Traders Available)

Marpomem (Blue-Pink Glitter/BN)

ER (Glow Yellow/BN)

Renegade (Black/Gold)

Tadpole 379 (Dk Green Glow/BN)

Nerds v2

WI_Robin (Pink Glitter/BN)

WI_Robin (Glow/BN)

WI_Robin (BLue-Pink Glitter/Nickel)

WI_Robin (Grey? Glitter/Gold)

Royal Nerd (Fine Gold Glitter/BN)

Corey-n-Joey (Green Glow/BN)

It's been more than a few days but I've got The List. It has 74 different name, color, and metal combinations!

I complied this list from scouring threads and looking at photos, and a few other websites. Some Nerds may be missing, if you know of them, speak up! [:)] I want this to be as complete as possible. By the same token, if you see I've got one on here you know doesn't exist, let me know. Sometimes our cameras don't take very good photos of coins and the colors and metals look off.

If you have any Nerds for sale or trade let me know. At this point I'm interested in all of them even if I already have one of that name/color/metal combo!

As my collection grows I'll periodically update the list with those I've gotten, so everyone can watch it grow with me!

•  
    [] Name Color Metal

•  
    [X] Avroair light orange BN
    [X] Renegade Black SG
    [X] Ble68 green glitter BN
    [ ] Buglet Wood Olive Green BN
    [ ] Mama Wood Brown glitter BN
    [ ] Papa Wood gold glitter SG
    [ ] C.F. Diddly light orange BN
    [ ] Cacheteer white-glows green BN
    [ ] Cacheteer white-glows blue BN
    [X] CC blue glitter BN
    [X] CC purple glitter BN
    [ ] CLAMM green glitter BN
    [ ] CLAMM Blue BN
    [ ] CoreyNJoey purple glitter N
    [ ] DeaDeyeD red glitter BN
    [ ] FrooTLoop blue glitter SG
    [X] orangUcool orange BN
    [ ] dflye lt green glitter BN
    [ ] dflye lt green glitter SG
    [ ] Elfee1 dark green BN
    [ ] ER yellow BN
    [ ] Fluttershy mauve BN
    [ ] Geo Error light blue BN
    [ ] Golden Nerd Gold glitter SG
    [ ] Got Ploe? blue glitter BN
    [ ] Kaboom
    [ ] KW purple glitter BN
    [ ] NW Pink glitter BN
    [ ] L/GBOTS pink SG
    [X] L/GBOTS lt purple glitter SG
    [ ] L/GBOTS red glitter SG
    [ ] Laval k-9 teal glitter SG
    [ ] Laval k-9 purple glitter BN
    [ ] Lazy Hayes seafoam green SG
    [ ] lorca's nerd pink SG
    [ ] LoriDarlin yellow BN
    [ ] Lyonden_ut gold glitter BN
    [ ] Lyonden_ut Dark Blue SG
    [X] Mama Cache red glitter N
    [ ] marpomem blue glitter BN
    [ ] Moscow32 red glitter BN
    [ ] MrExplorer3 green BN
    [ ] MysteryNerd white SG
    [ ] MysteryNerd light Purple SG
    [ ] MysticOne blue green glitter BN
    [ ] nittanynerd dk purple glitter
    [ ] Polar-Bear light blue BN
    [ ] Rivercity hot pink glitter BN
    [ ] Rivercity purple glitter BN
    [ ] Smort78 Dk brown glitter SG
    [ ] Smort78 Gold glitter SG
    [ ] Smort78 Brown glitter SG
    [X] SOC teal glitter BN
    [ ] SOC teal glitter N
    [ ] SOC Blue glitter BN
    [ ] SOC Blue glitter N
    [ ] Solan 109/SE yellow-green glitter N
    [ ] Steinwalzer green BN
    [ ] Steinwalzer green glitter SG
    [ ] Swed Nerd purple glitter SG
    [X] sweetlife dark purple SG
    [X] sweetlife green BN
    [ ] sweetlife very lt blue BN
    [ ] sweetlife pink BN
    [ ] tadpole379 green trans N
    [ ] tadpole379 green-glows blue BN
    [X] tadpole379 dk green glitter BN
    [ ] Thank You Pink glitter SG
    [ ] WI_Robin purple glitter SG
    [ ] WI_Robin white glitter BN
    [ ] WI_Robin black w/ laser glitter BN
    [ ] WI_Robin green glitter SG
    [ ] Woletrap dk blue glitter BN
    [ ] WWC & HWC dk blue glitter BN

Many thanks to those who have offered to sell or trade their Nerds. An especially grateful thanks goes out to those who have gifted Nerds to me. The generosity of geocoiners never ceases to amaze and humble me.

I have now discovered over 100 color/metal/name combinations for the Version 1 Nerds!

I will post the new list when I can figure out how to make it into a readable table. There are still some nerds that were reminted in the 2nd minting where I'm questioning whether they are actually the same as their 1st minting counterparts (issues concerning glitter vs. non-glitter, mostly). Also a few combinations were 1- and 2-shots so finding them is highly unlikely.

I figure there will end up being around 90 different Nerds to collect. I've now got 23 different ones, so I'm about 1/4 of the way there! :) Keep those emails coming, I can't do it without all of you!

I have now discovered over 100 color/metal/name combinations for the Version 1 Nerds!

I will post the new list when I can figure out how to make it into a readable table. There are still some nerds that were reminted in the 2nd minting where I'm questioning whether they are actually the same as their 1st minting counterparts (issues concerning glitter vs. non-glitter, mostly). Also a few combinations were 1- and 2-shots so finding them is highly unlikely.

I figure there will end up being around 90 different Nerds to collect. I've now got 23 different ones, so I'm about 1/4 of the way there! :) Keep those emails coming, I can't do it without all of you!

this is fun — wish i had more to give you!!!!

It's been almost a year since my last post in this thread, but I haven't stopped collecting Nerds since then. Last fall I started collecting the trackable version 2s to my collection as well.

Both collections are progressing nicely, with over 65 version 1 Nerds and 25 version 2 Nerds. Take a look!

5b912aa1-b2ff-4ffb-8b48-2499a522e1c6.jpg?rnd=0.6535563

And how about a 90 Nerd Rainbow!

46396f7e-c264-45ee-9b0c-8f2e8f225183.jpg?rnd=0.03184152

As a special Thank You, everyone who gifted, traded or sold me any Nerds should be finding something special in their mailbox shortly. I couldn't have gotten this far without you!

I've posted a list of the Nerds I'm still looking for on my profile if anyone wants to see which ones are still missing.