How do I get an ebook without my own caches in it?

welch

I've been trying to figure out how to get an ebook of nearby caches that I have not found AND are not ones I have not placed. When I select both "I haven't found" and "I don't own", it comes back no results. Just picking "I haven't found" works, but gives me my own caches, which I don't really want in there.

So, other than logging finds on all my own caches, what can I do?? Is there an easy way to edit them? Or am I doing sometihing in the PQs wrong?? icon_confused.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

That's curious. If the only change is the selection of "I don't own" then that is curious, indeed. I used to run a query like that.

In the types, I had traditional, Multi, LBs, Virts, and Unknowns selected, not "All Types." I doubt that would make a difference, though.

If you haven't used Spinner, give 2.x a try. It runs on your machine and you can set it to ignore certain caches by cacheID. Hopefully, LilDevil will have the OWNER tag working and you can seperate out your caches from the others.

If you're looking to be able to download more than the 500 cache limit, it will take two queries. One with all of the traditionals, the other with the rest. Spinner combines them effortlessly. Not only that, though I haven't tried it, Spinner should be able to take a two ro queries and combine them into the fully compatible GPX file.

Another way to run queries to get more is to use differing center coords.

On another issue, I used to run the queries without my caches until one day we were doing cache maintenance and couldn't get to the cache the way we normally do. Our only option would have been to bushwach. But without coords to the cache, we were lost! Moral of the story: always have the coords to your own caches! It's embarrassing to not be able to find your own cache!

In conclusion, your selections should work. Try creating a brand new query and step through it very carefully.

CR

72057_2000.gif

That IS wierd. I've had that same query running for a LONG time and havn't had a problem...

Type = all

that = Not Found & don't own

where = (Nothing)

From = (Lat/Lon of my home coords), Radius = 150

placed during = (all)

To = my email

formats = my email, GPX, ebook , zipped

Run = Friday....

Works for me.....

----------------------------------

MnGCA-button.gif

----------------------------------

"The number you have reached is imaginary, please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again... <beeeeep>"

By any chance have you found all the caches you don't own within 100 miles of you? If so, that would explain it. icon_wink.gif I only have about 1500 or so to go before my local PQ is empty. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

By any chance have you found all the caches you don't own within 100 miles of you? If so, that would explain it. icon_wink.gif

I wish I could say that were the problem icon_biggrin.gif

Team VE, my settings were:

limit = 500

Type = all

that = Not Found & don't own

where = (Nothing)

From = (nearest zip), Radius = 150

placed during = (all)

To = my accounts email

formats = GPX, ebook , Not zipped

Run = most recently Thursday (yesterday)

So the three differences I see are, I used my 1.zip code, 2.I didn't have the files zipped, and it was run on a 3.different day.

So, Ill change 1., I doubt its 2 as I don't even get a file! and why would 3. matter?

Edit: Is it possiable to have both where and from selected?

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

2.I didn't have the files zipped

I doubt its 2 as I don't even get a file!

The $1,000,000 question...

Might it be possible that you have an incoming file size limit? Many accounts do and people aren't aware of them, since often the only sign is that you just never get the messages that exceed the limit...

My search Zipped returns a 1.1 MB file (GPX is kind of blaoted with all of that extra info in there for the logs, etc....) Expanded, it's just over 2MB, and I'm only getting 300 caches....

quote:
Originally posted by Team VE:

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

2.I didn't have the files zipped

I doubt its 2 as I don't even get a file!

The $1,000,000 question...

Might it be possible that you have an incoming file size limit? Many accounts do and people aren't aware of them, since often the only sign is that _you just never get the messages_ that exceed the limit...

My search _Zipped_ returns a 1.1 MB file (GPX is kind of blaoted with all of that extra info in there for the logs, etc....) Expanded, it's just over 2MB, and I'm only getting 300 caches....

Well, I don't think thats the problem.

See I get the emails from geocaching just fine icon_rolleyes.gif. But they say something like 'there were no matchs for you query. if you think there has been a mistake, please check your query'.