found geocoin with no tracking number

APetrock

Today I was at GC12KDR Ghost Ramps on Route 15, and inside was a green plastic eatstayplay.com geocoin but there was no activation code i'm still new to the geocaching so i didn't think to look back in the log book but the geocoin has no tracking number of any kind on it what can i do about this i will go back to the cache on sunday to see if i can figure out who left it

Today I was at GC12KDR Ghost Ramps on Route 15, and inside was a green plastic eatstayplay.com geocoin but there was no activation code i'm still new to the geocaching so i didn't think to look back in the log book but the geocoin has no tracking number of any kind on it what can i do about this i will go back to the cache on sunday to see if i can figure out who left it

Just as an FYI on terminology - activation code and tracking number are two different things. The activation code won't appear on the coin itself; an activation code is used only once, by the owner of a coin if and when they "activate" (register) it on geocaching.com. When you buy a coin, sometimes it'll have an activation code provided by the seller, sometimes you need to go online to find out what it is. As you probably know, it's extremely rare to find an unactivated coin in a cache... usually the only time that happens is when someone places a new cache and wants to give a special prize to the "FTF", or if someone's had some personal coins made and decides to share some.

Tracking number is, of course,the number that's engraved on the coin, and used to log it in and out of caches.

Tracking number is, of course,the number that's engraved on the coin, and used to log it in and out of caches.

To add to the primer..... this tracking number ought to remain secret and for use only to those who have seen, handled or moved the coin. Posting the tracking number or uploading a photo with the tracking number showing can lead to virtual logging which is illegal and punishable by rubber hosing and spit balling or death (whichever comes first).