Why hasn't the PQ appeared?

Last minute help here....please!

I made a PQ last night of Kenya, uploaded it to the Dakota 20. I've just double checked the Dakota and the PQ isn't showing, ie no caches at all. The PQ ran at 43 caches so it's not like the system is overloaded.

I've just tried to load the PQ back on, but still the garmin is showing nothing.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Edit, I have the PQ in my iphone which means I havent done anything unusual!

I have now loaded each nearby cache in individually, the PQ still wont transfer on to the GPS though.

Edited by The QCs

Since you didn't state how you were trying to confirm they're not there, try this. I'm not sure about the Dakota, but an Oregon will only show you caches surrounding your area, maybe a 100 mi (?) radius when you do a "find geocache". Try switching to the alpha search function and search for one of the caches in the PQ by name. As an alternative, scroll over to Kenya and take a look.

Edited by New Jersey TJ

Since you didn't state how you were trying to confirm they're not there, try this. I'm not sure about the Dakota, but an Oregon will only show you caches surrounding your area, maybe a 100 mi (?) radius when you do a "find geocache". Try switching to the alpha search function and search for one of the caches in the PQ by name. As an alternative, scroll over to Kenya and take a look.

This is probably the answer.

Most GPSr units, once they have acquired, will ignore displaying far away waypoints opting instead to show nearby ones. Switch to alpha search and I think you will see them all.

I'm back now from vacation in Kenya so can reply properly

My GPS was empty of all caches when I loaded up the PQ (a total of 43 caches), it appeared in the GPX files and was shown to be copied over to the Garmin

Turned on GPS to check...not one cache on there.

Load same PQ to iphone....it works perfectly

Individually upload the closest caches to our hotel in Kenya.

Get to Kenya, give GPS time to warm up and allow the closest caches to show up...absolutely nothing besides the ones individually uploaded.

Find a cache or two. Iphone happily working with the PQ

Get home, PQ is still happily showing that it has been uploaded to GPS...except it never showed up.

I'm going to ask Garmin as I have some more international trips coming up soon and dont really want to rely on the iphone to show the PQ.

The reason is probably the gpx did not load properly the first time (This happens a lot). When this happens, the GPS will not try to load the gpx again as it thinks it is already loaded until you load a gpx with a different time/date stamp. If you are using GSAK, resend the gpx. If you are loading the PQ directly. Delete it. Boot up your GPS. Then load the gpx and reboot the GPS. That will fix it. If you have a tool that can change the date/time stamp of the file, change the time. That will also cause it to reload.