I MIGHT have lost someones bug.

LizzyHoops

So, I recently dropped off two bugs, and picked up another from a cache while on a road trip. I put the bug in my hubbies truck and haven't seen it since. When I went to log my finds, I couldn't find it...but wasn't too worried, I was sure it would turn up in his truck or my luggage. I brought the bug across state lines with the intention of e-mailing the owner to find if they would rather me drop it here quick like, or in a new state the last weekend in April. But they bug still hasn't showed up. I went searching, knowing I really need to get it logged...still no bug.

I feel horrible...I'm usually really careful with them. I don't think its lost forever...but who know when or where it will turn up. I still have a lot of searching to do. Do you think I should e-mail the owner and let them know whats going on...or give myself some more time to locate the bug before worrying them.

Advice?

It happens. It might turn up yet... dropped inside a shoe, slipped under a mat, in the fold of some clothing...

And, speaking as an owner of quite a few TBs and geocoins which are out travelling, I can forgive anyone for losing one of them just as long as they let me know!

Keep your fingers crossed.

MrsB

So, I recently dropped off two bugs, and picked up another from a cache while on a road trip. I put the bug in my hubbies truck and haven't seen it since. When I went to log my finds, I couldn't find it...but wasn't too worried, I was sure it would turn up in his truck or my luggage. I brought the bug across state lines with the intention of e-mailing the owner to find if they would rather me drop it here quick like, or in a new state the last weekend in April. But they bug still hasn't showed up. I went searching, knowing I really need to get it logged...still no bug.

I feel horrible...I'm usually really careful with them. I don't think its lost forever...but who know when or where it will turn up. I still have a lot of searching to do. Do you think I should e-mail the owner and let them know whats going on...or give myself some more time to locate the bug before worrying them.

Advice?

So apparently you know what bug it is since it was on the inventory list of that cache...so email the owner and maybe ask for the 'secret code' and make up a new bug for them using that code.

What I mean to say is..."I'm sorry, I lost your travel bug. Can you tell me the code that's etched into it for logging it online? Then I can transfer that number to a new travel bug and get it going again."

Losing bugs happens...but that doesn't mean the code can't be used still...right? Just a thought.

Advice?

So apparently you know what bug it is since it was on the inventory list of that cache...so email the owner and maybe ask for the 'secret code' and make up a new bug for them using that code.

What I mean to say is..."I'm sorry, I lost your travel bug. Can you tell me the code that's etched into it for logging it online? Then I can transfer that number to a new travel bug and get it going again."

Losing bugs happens...but that doesn't mean the code can't be used still...right? Just a thought.

Well, I'm not so sure its that lost yet. I've only been looking for a week. Thats not that long compared to some of the bug logs that have been sitting in caches inventory for over a year when everyone knows they are not there. Anyway, the bug owner has a lot of travelers, and she dropped me a very nice e-mail thanking me for keeping her informed but that she wasn't overly worried about its outcome. (Not that she didn't care, but that she had faith that I would find it and patience enough to not fret while I looked)

Whew! Found it...with our trip coming up next weekend, I figured today would be a good day to buckle down and really tear the truck apart. Sure enough I found it lodged between the passenger and middle seats. Now its safe in my purse and will be off traveling again this weekend. Going to run go log it now.